Microgreen Oil filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any opinions, are these filters the best in the world you think from their claims? As in the ferrari version of an oil filter for example. Maybe equal to amsoil filters?
smile.gif

http://www.microgreenfilter.com/
2 Filters in 1 system keeping oil cleaner, longer

Patented microfilter captures particles down to 2 microns

65-70% reduction in oil maintenance costs

Potential for up to 5% improvement in fuel efficiency

70% reduction in oil use

50% reduction in filter use

Improved engine life and vehicle maintenance

Better for the environment
US Patents issued: 6,605,215 and 7,048,848

http://www.automobilemag.com/green/news/...vals/index.html

The problem is you need to change every 3000 miles, and unfortunately the oil fanatics would rather change the oil.
grin.gif

Last edited:
Been discussed a couple of times before. See search feature.

Claimed benefits are largely unsupported and exaggerated calling into question the integrity of the people running the company. Appears to be a well made product, but way, way too expensive to justify using.

Personally, I think it's overpriced for what you get - top-end filter (M1, Amsoil EAO) will do the same for much less.

It is a good looking filter, though!

Originally Posted By: addyguy
Personally, I think it's overpriced for what you get - top-end filter (M1, Amsoil EAO) will do the same for much less.

Not sure why you say it's overpriced. I just bought two of the MG 301-1 filters for $30.39 with free shipping. I also had to pay CA tax :-( but most people won't have to.

GoGreenLS20 was the coupon code that got a %20 discount (just Google for MicroGreen discount codes).

That crosses to the M1-209 - a two pack of these on Amazon is $24.46 (plus shipping, since it's less than $25).

So, the MicroGreen filters are only about $3 more per filter.

MicroGreen's prices have been coming down and with a discount code (and with free shipping) they appear to be a reasonable deal for a premium filter.

I have no affiliation with the folks who make this filter, and I'm certainly not getting anything from them. I'm just playing with this filter for my '07 Prius (yes, very oversized filter) to see how well it works.

Has anyone here ever cut one of these open, either new or after use?

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Did you even click on the link above????

Originally Posted By: NightRiderQ45
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Did you even click on the link above????

Nope ... guess I missed it the first time.

I've seen the thin little "bypass" filter in those cans. It makes me wonder how much "stuff" they actually can hold. Also has anyone done a real UOA on an extended drain with particle counts with these filters?

Originally Posted By: lipadj46
Also has anyone done a real UOA on an extended drain with particle counts with these filters?

And is why I'll agree with whoever said it was overpriced.

Any filter over $10 is overpriced. A $1 roll of toilet paper in bypass(stilko/motorguard/frantz/jackmaster...) and a $3 full flow Supertech would outperform them, and many other boutique filters!

I just picked up a dozen of Purolator PureONEs for $3.25 each. Should I buy a Microgreen too???

There are generic oil filters that will go 10k-15k with the newer OLM's and extended intervals recommended by many automakers.

I'm not sure how Microgreen gets their 'maintenance savings' from. But, whoever is in their marketing department is doing a good job.

Originally Posted By: kohnen
Originally Posted By: addyguy

Not sure why you say it's overpriced. I just bought two of the MG 301-1 filters for $30.39 with free shipping. I also had to pay CA tax :-( but most people won't have to.

GoGreenLS20 was the coupon code that got a %20 discount (just Google for MicroGreen discount codes).

That crosses to the M1-209 - a two pack of these on Amazon is $24.46 (plus shipping, since it's less than $25).

So, the MicroGreen filters are only about $3 more per filter.

MicroGreen's prices have been coming down and with a discount code (and with free shipping) they appear to be a reasonable deal for a premium filter.

I have no affiliation with the folks who make this filter, and I'm certainly not getting anything from them. I'm just playing with this filter for my '07 Prius (yes, very oversized filter) to see how well it works.

Dam. I just bought two 107's for about $30 shipped. I wish I knew about that coupon
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: unDummy
Also has anyone done a real UOA on an extended drain with particle counts with these filters?

And is why I'll agree with whoever said it was overpriced.

Any filter over $10 is overpriced. A $1 roll of toilet paper in bypass(stilko/motorguard/frantz/jackmaster...) and a $3 full flow Supertech would outperform them, and many other boutique filters!

I just picked up a dozen of Purolator PureONEs for $3.25 each. Should I buy a Microgreen too???

There are generic oil filters that will go 10k-15k with the newer OLM's and extended intervals recommended by many automakers.

I'm not sure how Microgreen gets their 'maintenance savings' from. But, whoever is in their marketing department is doing a good job.

They cost more so they have to be better!!!
09.gif

I've seen the thin little "bypass" filter in those cans. It makes me wonder how much "stuff" they actually can hold. Also has anyone done a real UOA on an extended drain with particle counts with these filters?

Yep, link. Microgreen cut the particle count down a bit better then 50% over a K&N for the same oil, distance and driving routine.

Doug

I ordered two for my car. Cost was about $30, which yes it is expensive, but an Amsoil filter is $12+ so figure $15 for the Microgreen.

My observations are this:

Heavy filter, appears to be very well made. Very thick can.
Made in China
frown.gif

Black rubber ADBV, unsure of material. Looks a little glossier like the silicone sometimes does.
Through the center tube, pleats look plentiful.

People comment about the size of the bypass filter element. Though It is not an Amsoil bypass filter, if you are trapping very small micron counts in the oil, how much filter material are they really going to fill up??

So far there is no abnormal start up noise, and oil pressure appears to be the same as the OEM filter I had installed before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back