Eezox vs. Weapon Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSR

Both Eezox and Weapon Shield seem to be highly regarded by various commenters here. For anyone who has chosen between them, I'd like to hear why you chose one over the other. For anyone who uses both (apparently some do), I'd like hear which one you use first (presumably as the better cleaner) and which one you use last (presumably as the better lubricator, rust-preventer).

Eezox is a fantastic rust preventer, decent cleaner, and an OK lube. It is a diester based lube that forms a wax like coating after the solvent evaporates. I used to use it some and liked it overall except for the STRONG fumes that come from the solvent. I still use it on some safe queens.

WS is a much better lube and cleaner. The results of informal "tests" on line have shown it to be a good rust fighter as well.
The biggest thing about WS is the ease of cleaning from its use. The more you use it, the easier cleaning becomes. Junk just doesn't stick and guns seem to get less dirty in the first place.
Has a nice cinnamon smell and contains NO solvents. It's about all I use now for my shooters.

Originally Posted By: Tempest
WS is the ease of cleaning from its use. The more you use it, the easier cleaning becomes. Junk just doesn't stick and guns seem to get less dirty in the first place.
Has a nice cinnamon smell and contains NO solvents. It's about all I use now for my shooters.

Tempest you are pi*(&*&&^ing me off. You are forcing me into going and buying some. So much for my FP-10, BreakFree, RemOil, Militec 1.
mad.gif
My wife is probably gonna' write you a nasty note.
LOL.gif

Last edited:
And for what its worth Tempest (not much). I don't understand over on 1911 why the guy has a problem with the hammer/sear area. As you said the sear is firmly engaged on the hammer. Guess I don't understand either.
frown.gif
The guy seems like a U know what.

Originally Posted By: Al
And for what its worth Tempest (not much). I don't understand over on 1911 why the guy has a problem with the hammer/sear area. As you said the sear is firmly engaged on the hammer. Guess I don't understand either.
frown.gif
The guy seems like a U know what.

People get attached to "common knowledge" and continue to espouse it without thought. Many people don't like this questioned since their world view is based on it. If the deity Bill Wilson wrote it in a book, it MUST be true.
smirk2.gif
I've had this conversation with others over there and no one can prove it to be true or even have a theory as to how it can be.

As far as WS, it really is all that. When the formulator first came out with it and made all of these claims on the boards I was like yeah right (and this was after using FP-10 for a while) and questioned him about it on the phone. But then I got the free sample and what he said was substantiated. That's why he gave out the free samples, because no one (including me) would believe him.

I have seen others on the boards make the same statements I have so it's not me drinking the kool aid. Get some, just don't give your wife access to PM ability here.
wink.gif

Get some, just don't give your wife access to PM ability here.
wink.gif

Hahahah..no danger. :)

Eezox for safe queens and WS for firearms used weekly/monthly.

For long term storage I think Eezox is tops. I do not like its lube properties.

If you have these two in your tool bag along with a bottle of Ed's Red, you are good to go IMHO.

Is it possible to mix a small amount of Eezox with Weapon Shield and improve the corrosion protection qualities of both Weapon Shield?

JD Press

I would not mix chemistries. These are each quite different and there is no need for them competing with each other.

Use the Eezox for safe queens and the WS for shooters. I've had none, nor have I seen, any problems with WS corrosion.

I would not mix chemistries. These are each quite different and there is no need for them competing with each other.

Use the Eezox for safe queens and the WS for shooters. I've had none, nor have I seen, any problems with WS corrosion.

Tempest:

Thank you for the response and also the reason for not combining the two different products. I will keep the lubricants separate and use the Eezox for selected firearms in storage and the Weapon Shield for the guns I use and carry.

J.D. Press

If I only had the 2 choices given, I pick Eezox. If anyone cares to know what I use on my firearms, I use MPro-7 lube and cleaner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back