WHAT IS MAXIMUM OIL TEMP

Status
Not open for further replies.
TIM
I see you are in Texas. Never fear I don't go near their, but back in 1975 when I was in the trucking business I got caught in Sweetwater,Tx for doing 116mph in my 18 wheeler. The cop said that he had been on the force for 14 years and it was the most flagrant case of truck speeding he had ever seen. Them guys have no sense of humor he had his shorts all in a wad.
Your comment is what I hear all the time. In 1965 I bought a new Corvette roadster and hopped it up and for that time it was really fast. People would tell me all the time that I was going to kill someone or myself. I heard the same thing when I drove the sprint car, heard the same thing all the time that I had the turbo bike and now for the last 6 years that i have had this car i hear the same thing. A lot of those people who have told me that have had wrecks and some have had several. A couple were killed and all those years I have not so much as scratched a fender. Some will say I have just been lucky but I believe you make your own luck. If I was no better driver than those who keep telling me how I'm going to wreck then they would be right I would not have survived this long. Luck don't have a dam thing to do with it.
What is really funny is those same folks yet today are still telling me that and they are paying high insurance premiums because of wrecks and speeding tickets and I get a low safe driver rate. NO justice in this world is their.L.O.L.

quote:

Originally posted by Black Bart:
but back in 1975 when I was in the trucking business I got caught in Sweetwater,Tx for doing 116mph in my 18 wheeler.

That reminds of the time I was driving on I40 in N. Mexico with my Supra's cruise control set on 100 mph. To may amazement, I noticed a 18-wheeler in my rear view mirror and he was gaining on me!! I took it up to 120 and he still wasn't fading. I had to put the pedal to the metal before he would disappear.
grin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by 427Z06:

quote:

Originally posted by Black Bart:
but back in 1975 when I was in the trucking business I got caught in Sweetwater,Tx for doing 116mph in my 18 wheeler.

That reminds of the time I was driving on I40 in N. Mexico with my Supra's cruise control set on 100 mph. To may amazement, I noticed a 18-wheeler in my rear view mirror and he was gaining on me!! I took it up to 120 and he still wasn't fading. I had to put the pedal to the metal before he would disappear.
grin.gif

lol.gif

Dam law breaking truck drivers they should arrest all of them.
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

I been looking at my car and I think I can improve the air flow through the oil cooler. I'm sure lack of air flow is my problem. Summer is almost over so I will wait until I lay it up for the winter then make the necessary mods.

Was looking at the million-dollar 45' NEWELL buses (motorhomes) the other day.

Standard power is a CAT C-15 625HP/2,050TQ diesel and 10-speed electronic shift ZF trans. Holds about 200-gallons fuel and grosses around 65,000-lbs on a 300" wheelbase.

Now, THAT'S the way to travel at 140 mph (and the story is that the Unser brothers used to rat race theirs in the mountains). The interior screams Miami Lice tacky, but the chassis specs are impressive.

MOBIL ONE is nice, but certain of the AMSOIL line, REDLINE and some others are likely superior.

You really need to contact TERRY DYSON (see sponsors), he's a racer from way back and can read a UOA to get you what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back