frying oil blended with diesel...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can i blend small amounts of frying oil with the diesel in my
ford tractor, we are talking of a miximum of 10%.
Just to get rid of the oil, my son saved it after seeing mythbusters and i dont want to dissapoint him.

keep temps in mind, your diesel might gel if it is as cold in sweden as in michigan :)
do you use any addy in the fuel?
I would use it summer or during moderate temps. you are better off installing a vege oil kit.

Originally Posted By: stockrex
keep temps in mind, your diesel might gel if it is as cold in sweden as in michigan :)
do you use any addy in the fuel?
I would use it summer or during moderate temps. you are better off installing a vege oil kit.

By "addy" you mean additive.

Agreed that it should be ok. Some of the more modern diesels require diesel fuel only, but many older engines (such as the '95 Cummins in the Dodge trucks) will burn just about anything - including used motor oil.

This is a ford 3 cylinder diesel from -68, most worried about the filters. I think ill give it a try, have rather little fuel in tank just now so it aint such a biggie if it gives trouble.
And i do use an "addy", it´s something that makes it easier to
start in cold and has anti gelling ability.

One thing I would add is a Biocide. One time I had bugs grow in the WVO I was blending into my diesel and clogged all my filters up. Biocide is cheap and you can get it at any boat or marine store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back