0w30 for Maine Winter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all-

Vehicle is a 2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T. I'm running M1 0w40 currently, but was considering going with M1 0w30 during the Winter months. Only real reason for the switch is that it is very, very difficult for me to find M1 0w40 in my area. However, Walmart stocks M1 0w30 in 5qt jugs. Anyone see any problems going with the 0w30? The car is not "beat on" and sees 40 miles of I95 driving per day during the week.

Thanks

sounds good to me. Just don't lug it under boost at low RPMs when it's warm.

I've seen M1 0w40 quarts in some but not all WMs here, try a different store when you're passing through.

In my little toyota engine, I prefer pennzoil products better in the winter - I was not too impressed with the startup racket I had with M1 AFE last winter though it worked well in the warmer mos. This was REALLY loud racket - not just a little noisy.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
In my little toyota engine, I prefer pennzoil products better in the winter - I was not too impressed with the startup racket I had with M1 AFE last winter though it worked well in the warmer mos. This was REALLY loud racket - not just a little noisy.

Well,just like they mentioned here already. Every motor reacts differently to oil`s.

THAT M1 0w-30 does not meet the requirements for your saab, do not use it. It neither meets ACEA A3 nor GM-LL-025-A. That M1 is an ACEA A1 or A5 oil, not right, check your manual. If like mine, it explicitly states that an oil meeting GM-LL-025-A should be used, and if not available, only ACEA A3 oils should be used to top-up.

A 0w30 oil is OK for that engine, just not the specific one youre looking at.

Maybe the M1 high mileage 10w30 or 10w40 would work in this case. It is at least A3/B3/B4 and usually available at WM in the 5 qt jugs.

Originally Posted By: BMWTurboDzl
Castrol 0w-30 meet SAAB specs?

It should but I can't find it outside of PepBoys and Autozone around here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back