1953 Hercules Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need brake brake cables for a vintage Hercules bike. These cables have the metal "lugs" at both ends. This means the cables come with sleeves installed at point of manufacture.

Where can I buy vintage parts like this? Tried neighborhood bike shops, no luck.

Last edited:
You may have to buy the correct diameter pipe, bend it to shape, cut the old lugs off and flair the ends of the new pipe to get the lugs to seal correctly.

You will need a $20 flaring tool, but any automotive store will have one. There is probably a pipe bending tool you need too.

If you build them yourself you can get them for much cheaper.
An expert that has done it before will be along shortly. I have only seen it done.

Hi BITOGers

I can take a bike apart piece by piece reassemble it and "hammer" on it. Yet I can't post a photo I have of the cable on to BITOG.
Please tell me how to do this. It is on Adobe Photoshop as 001.JPG

Thanks
Carm

Originally Posted By: cjcride
Hi BITOGers

I can take a bike apart piece by piece reassemble it and "hammer" on it. Yet I can't post a photo I have of the cable on to BITOG.
Please tell me how to do this. It is on Adobe Photoshop as 001.JPG

Thanks
Carm

You will need to create an account of a photo-hosting website. Photobucket, for example. Once you do that, you copy and paste the picture's image code into this text box.

This is how it looks on photobucket:

Screenshot-1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back