Help identify this rim!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone identify this rim? Came in the spare tire well in my Festiva didn't even know it was there when I bought it. I've looked it over a couple times and all it says is the specs (4 x 114.3). I'm also trying to decide if it's made of aluminum in case I can't find a home for it.

IMG_0501.jpg

if its alum, a magnet wont stick to it..

Most steel(at least that used in rims) is magnetic.

That is the lowest profile 13" tire I've ever seen. What is the full tire sizing? 185/50R13?
I have some 195/45R14's which are tiny but that tire looks smaller again.

Eric Smith,
I remember seeing wheels that are similar if not exactely what you have pictured. IIRC, I saw these wheels in a SEARS catalog(automitive section of the catalog) and they just might be AmericanRacing. I want to say even longer than 10 years ago.

Indylan.. the tire is a 175/50/13.. good eye! It does say "Made in America P.C.W".. but I haven't match them with that manufacture yet. I looked at the other sources you guys mentioned to no avail. A magnet doesn't stick to it so it must be aluminum.. probably can take it to the scrappers and get as much as I'm asking for it!

Originally Posted By: Eric Smith
Indylan.. the tire is a 175/50/13.. good eye! It does say "Made in America P.C.W".. but I haven't match them with that manufacture yet. I looked at the other sources you guys mentioned to no avail. A magnet doesn't stick to it so it must be aluminum.. probably can take it to the scrappers and get as much as I'm asking for it!

Its too bad you don't have 4 of them, the fiesta bolt pattern isn't too common and low profile 13" tires aren't even made any more. The fiesta guy I autocross with would love tires like that.

JustinH has it--"Panther Custom Wheel." Nice work.

If you have the time, I'd recommend trying to sell it. I'd hate to see a rare wheel like that get melted down. There's probably someone out there who has been hunting for one for years.

I checked TR, and there is one tire still offered in that size, too!

Originally Posted By: IndyIan

Its too bad you don't have 4 of them, the fiesta bolt pattern isn't too common and low profile 13" tires aren't even made any more. The fiesta guy I autocross with would love tires like that.

Festiva you mean? Yeah I wouldn't mind having 3 more so I could them on mine.

Originally Posted By: Stu_Rock
JustinH has it--"Panther Custom Wheel." Nice work.

If you have the time, I'd recommend trying to sell it. I'd hate to see a rare wheel like that get melted down. There's probably someone out there who has been hunting for one for years.

I checked TR, and there is one tire still offered in that size, too!

I put in on Craigslist cheap no interest in a couple weeks. Tempted to put in on ebay but I'd probably get shafted on listing.. been a long time since I did that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back