Lots of Solvents and cleaners...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, Just got back from Napa and there are a LOT more cleaners/solvents than there used to be.

MAF cleaners, Throttle Body Carb and Choke, Carb and Choke, 2 different Brake cleaners (Clorinataed and Non Clorinated), Starting Fluid, Penetrating fluid...etc etc....

Are they really DIFFERENT? I know that the MAF cleaner is probably something special, but am I missing something?
Why are there so many? It seems like they have made more choices over the past few years as to what function each has.
Is it just to seperate me from a few more bucks?

Just look at all the different cleaners they sell for the home. My mother has three different versions of citric acid-type cleaner.

For the garage I use the following cleaners:

- mineral spirits
- alcohol

That's it!

Penetrating fluid is something different.

Originally Posted By: Kestas
Just look at all the different cleaners they sell for the home. My mother has three different versions of citric acid-type cleaner.
So true... And every time I visit a Dollar Tree store it seems like there is yet ANOTHER L.A.'s Totally Awesome cleaning solution on the shelf. Attempting differentiation among all of them - including the types marketed within the auto sector, is getting a tad tiresome/ridiculous.

Thankfully... I'll never be caught playing that game. Why just yesterday, I wisely ordered up a batch of Kreen to go along with my ARx and MMO and Techron and carb cleaner and brake cleaner and...........
shocked2.gif

LOL.

I started a reply where I listed the stuff I have, and decided I had a little bit of everything too. In fact, I've got cans or bottles of chemicals that haven't even been opened, but there "just in case". I suspect a lot of members at BITOG have some degree of OCD when it comes to cleaners and lubricants.

Vic

Originally Posted By: rslifkin
I've used carb cleaner on a MAF before, no issues. And I use carb cleaner on my throttle body, as it seems stronger.

lol me too!!! carb cleaner works for anything
brake cleaner is cheaper or id use it for that too

I found in the backyard a couple years ago a big wasp nest. I gave them plenty of brake cleaner. It was hot and they looked mad and thirsty. Worked great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back