2003 VW TDI, ~5K miles, M1 0w40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Modified to near/or at double output from stock.

I suspect the TBN value. That's almost the same as virgin oil.

100C visco is a tad lower than my previous M1 0w40 UOAs. Not sure if this M1 0w40 is the new lower visco (13.5) or the previous visco (14) formula.

E27899.png

Originally Posted By: 5sfe91
Look at that TBN!! I have this oil in my turbo Celica right now i hope i get great results also.

That TBN is almost near that of new oil, I suspect that value. It should be down near 8 or so in my diesel. Since your celica probably burns 2x as much fuel, I'd expect TBN to drop much quicker.

Hi Bob,
it constantly amazes me that the "knockers' of M1 0W-40 here on BITOG find difficulty on commenting positively on such a UOA as yours!

IME it is always wise to get a TAN and PQ Index number when dealing with diesels as you do. The TAN can be used to confrim the TBN and vice versa

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Doug Hillary
Hi Bob,
it constantly amazes me that the "knockers' of M1 0W-40 here on BITOG find difficulty on commenting positively on such a UOA as yours!

IME it is always wise to get a TAN and PQ Index number when dealing with diesels as you do. The TAN can be used to confrim the TBN and vice versa

I am not gentle with it once it's warmed up.

I don't know if Blackstone offers TAN and PQI?

Indeed Doug, this sound is heard often:

I do look forward to using Redline 0w40 though
20.gif

Bob,

I would not change a thing. You are having very good results with the Mobil 1 0W-40.

And by the way, why does that cricket sound show a picture of a grasshopper?

Originally Posted By: Johnny
Bob,

I would not change a thing. You are having very good results with the Mobil 1 0W-40.

And by the way, why does that cricket sound show a picture of a grasshopper?

Too late, another 5K on this oil and Redline 0w40 is going in! (will have used up all my M1 0w40)

I noticed that too about the cricket/grasshopper.

Originally Posted By: D-Roc
Bob, you shameless brand jumper....

Yup, see my sig
grin2.gif

I wish I drove more so I could try out oils more often. 20K miles / year just isn't enough!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back