Synthetic oil and 5.0 coyote engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: addyguy
Originally Posted By: FORDMOPAR70
noise does occur with 5w20 motorcraft synthetic. Mustang owners have reported engineering is adding 'carbon black' or graphite to the crankcase to "change viscosity" and some are being told the additive is for break-in. On other engines, a portion of the oil is drained from the crankcase and 75w140 oil is added or a change to 5w50 MC synthetic is recommended. As for the type of Pennz, Platinum full synthetic 5w30 is what I am using.

Sorry to be rude, but that is the biggest pile of garbage I've read on here in a while.

Graphite additive, maybe.....but adding gear oil to a crankcase? No 'engineer' would do this!

Good choice on the PP 5W-30, but seriously, stop taking advioce from idiots who obviously know nothing or are spreading dumb rumours.
What will the gear oil do? I added gear oil to a company van for 3 years to thicken the oil cause the oil light would come on and I liked the van and knew the company would switch me into another van if I mentioned the oil light.

Originally Posted By: Steve S
Originally Posted By: RISUPERCREWMAN
Use what the manual says to use or you will destoy an awesome motor!
How so?

He always says this. Apparently he thinks anything but a 5W-20 will destroy a Modular despite the fact they were spec'd with 5W-30 from 1991-2000, the 3Vs have TSBs recommending 10W-40 to quiet VCT noise, and the 3Vs are call for 30 weights in most markets outside of NA. But yea, anything but a 5W-20 will destroy a Coyote 5.0. Oh yea, but the '12 Boss 302 is calling for a 5W-50. But don't use anything but a 5W-20 or else...
mushroom-cloud-hb.jpg

No matter what evidence is presented in one thread, he'll show up in another thread spreading the same misinformation.

Would the 5w50 be recommended for racing applications with extra oil coolers, and applications like that?

Stick with the 5w20 and get the oil analyzed by Blackstone. What you think you are hearing may be nothing at all.

I hate to say this if its not true but this sure does seem troll like. Remember the troll that was around about a year or so ago that said he put gear lube in his crankcase? This was being posted on many different web sites. Also around the same time there was a troll saying he polished his air intake by dumping sand into the air intake while it was running. This all sounds very familiar. Sorry if its not true but seriously? Putting gear oil into a brand new engine? Makes absolutely no sense at all and could only hurt things not make them better.

Originally Posted By: mcrn
I hate to say this if its not true but this sure does seem troll like. Remember the troll that was around about a year or so ago that said he put gear lube in his crankcase? This was being posted on many different web sites. Also around the same time there was a troll saying he polished his air intake by dumping sand into the air intake while it was running. This all sounds very familiar. Sorry if its not true but seriously? Putting gear oil into a brand new engine? Makes absolutely no sense at all and could only hurt things not make them better.

I am trying to find some answers or at the very least some good guessing as to what may be 1. causing this noise and 2. why my noise went away and others have not. I have better things to do than post fairy tales. Here ya go...
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/20...lems-again.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back