Honda Accord - running über rich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still waiting on my rebuild kit for the float adjusting screw orings. Could not find the exact ones in our small town.Got one from a junk yard but had the same problem, fuel coming out the top of float adjusting screw. Float was fine and fuel is in center part of fuel level window as it should be. Car runs ok. Other than just another old oring from the junk yard, what else would make the fuel flow out the top of this float adjusting screw???? What if the tank fuel pump relief valve was stuck closed???

OK...update, my rebuild kit came in and I installed the new float adjusting screw and orings. No more leak and the the float level is perfect. New issue though that was not present before this. With 300k + miles on the engine it idles a little rough ( set about 1200 rpm )and missed a bit but that has been the norm for many years. When running down the road at 60 -65 mph all is great. But, when approaching a stop, putting the clutch to neutral, coasting, when I brake the rpm wants to drop off to about 500-600 rpm and the car stalls. Help??

It's likely lean at idle. When you have it idling, spray some carb cleaner into the carb. If the rpm raises it is lean. You then either have a vacuum leak or the carb needs to be rebuilt (which is super common).

ok all you older model accord guru's.......what is the size of the screw that attaches
the auto choke linkage to the butterfly???? Seems 3mm is too small and 4 mm is too big...and where would I get one? Needs to be phillips, slotted or allen head and about 1/4" long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back