Zaino

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can apply Z2 and Z5 over any other Zaino exterior polish, such as Z6/Z8/CS/AIO/ZPC. Personally, I don't bother with more than a couple coats of either product, even when I do a full on Zaino job of the car. Most of the time I'll just wash the car with Z7 and give it a wipe down with Z6. If I feel like it, I'll add a coat of Z2 or Z5 in there, and since it goes on and comes off so easily without residue, it's not a big deal. If I'm really ambitious, I'll do a full Zaino job, wash-AIO-wash-Z6-Z5-Z5-Z2-Z2-CS. Just washing the car with Z7 and wipe with Z6 keeps the shine and beading action going for months.

I am looking into getting a Porter Cable 7424xp to apply the AIO. There are a few marks on the trunk lid that going over with AIO by hand doesn't take care of, and I don't want to use ZPC since the issue doesn't warrant abrasives. I've been told using AIO and a good orbital like the Porter Cable creates outstanding results. The Z2 and Z5 should still be applied by hand, so I've been told.

Originally Posted By: dkryan

Where does one learn the "inside" but much needed information about the quirks of detailing products? For instance, I would not have a clue that Zaino isn't the best to apply to my cars in high humidity. Is that written somewhere (other than BITOG) or is it based on experience?

humidity slows it down but temp speed it up so it just takes longer but should be dry in a few hours even in 90% humidity, but i always use ZFx too

check out the forum at autopia.org it's the bitog of detailing and where i learned about porter cable, pads, menzerna, zaino and how to use em

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back