Mercedes-Benz Fuel Additive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part Number A 000 989 25 45 12. I beleive this is basically BASF Keropur 3131. Anybody using this at all?

Picked up a couple of these to try specifically on the ML500, but also dumped a can in the Grand Marquis when I had 3/4 of a tank remaining (1 can is for 65L of gas). Dealer recommends adding this to the fuel at every fill up, but considering one can only treats 65L and the ML500 has a 95L capacity, I wait until there's 3/4 of a tank remaining. Reckon it's useless otherwise.

I haven't yet noticed a different in the GMQ, possibly because I'm running Liqui-Moly Ventil Sauber valve cleaner on a regular basis, but the Mercedes has noticeably better idle and pick up.

I never use it in my E430, I only use Redline SI-1 and/or Chevron Techron once every 2 years 2-3 tanks before smog test. I don't know if it does anything but smog test came back very well, the exhaust was way below the limits.

Save yourself some money....

If you want a REAL fuel system cleaner just by the cheapest PEA based product with 35% or more content...

You can't go wrong with Techron (50% PEA)..and it is WAAAY cheaper than the MB stuff.

Originally Posted By: Vizzy
Save yourself some money....

If you want a REAL fuel system cleaner just by the cheapest PEA based product with 35% or more content...

You can't go wrong with Techron (50% PEA)..and it is WAAAY cheaper than the MB stuff.

Actually picked up 20 for $50, which wasn't a bad deal. Curiosity got to me, and just wanted to try the stuff out. Couldn't find an MSDS on it though.

Normally you want to use an addative at near empty and then fill up to improve mixing. But doing the add to 3/4 and not a full tank would keep it from possibly overflowing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back