XOM "disgruntled" over Honda loss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Exxon Mobil suspects foul play on the part of the marketers?

Either way, this caught my eye:
Quote:
...apparently, in Honda's view, the value ConocoPhillips brought to the table exceeded the value offered by ExxonMobil (inclusive of its long-standing relationship).

Dang. If this is true, ConocoPhillips must have put something serious on the table.

Well you know Pablo was booed by some for even hinting that this kind of business is very similar to the beer distribution scheme in the USA........the big guys love the business. If you know what I mean.

Originally Posted By: FZ1
It's just Bidness,boys.

Exactly! And playing to win. No great loss for XOM, but it brings a smile to my face. Chalk one up for CP.

Originally Posted By: d00df00d
Maybe Exxon Mobil suspects foul play on the part of the marketers?

Either way, this caught my eye:
Quote:
...apparently, in Honda's view, the value ConocoPhillips brought to the table exceeded the value offered by ExxonMobil (inclusive of its long-standing relationship).

Dang. If this is true, ConocoPhillips must have put something serious on the table.

I suspect it's only about the $$$. IIRC I read somewhere that some MB dealerships were pouring Valvoline (229.5) instead of M1(229.5) because it was simply cheaper.

I wonder what would be recommended synthetic HTO-06 filled in RDXs? Still M1 5W-30 or some other product from Conoco?

It's really a price/value issue. Good for CP. This is how the game is played.

For the RDX, CP does have an oil that meets the HTO-06 spec. I think the new M1 Synthetics will still reign supreme.

Originally Posted By: buster
It's really a price/value issue. Good for CP. This is how the game is played.

For the RDX, CP does have an oil that meets the HTO-06 spec. I think the new M1 Synthetics will still reign supreme.

Kendall GT-1 Ultimate 5w-30 meets GM4718M and Honda HTO-06.

Yeah it's a good oil. I use MC 5w20 now in the Honda. They have a good chemist over there. Robert Stockwell.

I never thought much of Mobil's conventional oils. They were probably more or less like all the rest.

I am definitely digging their new viscosity changes they made to their entire Mobil 1 lineup.

Kendall GT-1 Ultimate 5W-30 meets the HTO-06 spec. So ConocoPhillips has that cover.

Does this Honda change have anything to do with Mobil 1 synthetic? I didn't know that the Honda brand had any models that recommended, or were factory filled with synthetic. Maybe some of their Acura models?

Acura RDX is factory filled Mobil 1 Synthetic. Any oil you put in must meet HTO-06 specs.

So far the only two I can get here in Canada are

M1 and PP. I use PP in mine, it has the HTO-06 spec on the label, where as the M1 from the store (such as Walmart) does not carry it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back