Autozone Lifetime Brakes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone,
I was just wondering if anyone recently got their brakes replaced free with autozones lifetime warranty. I want to know if they still do the free replacement on their lifetime brakes.
Thanks

i got a set of the ceramic cmax brakes last year, im rough on brakes so i burned through them in a year, took them in and showed the, they replaced them with no questions asked, they only do it once though. "lifetime" is subjective to the part. the lifetime of brake pads will not be your actual lifetime. thats where they get you.

i have gotten the warranty on lifetime brakes honored many time at autzone! it is no problem, but i do always go back in with the receipt! mike

AZ will replace them as many times as you want. Once they told me their lifetime warranty was 88 years. I never had any problems with warranties at AZ. I just give them the phone # and they find it (warranty.)

Their brake pad will eat your rotor alive, Use Hawk pad. Im driving my car hard and hot, high speed brake 100+ mph. Alway have to replace the rotor and then I switch to Hawk pad and never have problem, but autozone rotor is good. I have no problem with those, just their brake pad.

My Ebay drilled/slotted rotors are pure murder on pads. I'll be using the AZ lifetime warranty in the spring. But boy, does that combination ever stop fast!

Well thats good to know for the future, but I just noticed these pads are from advance lol. Do THEY do lifetime replacements like AZ? They are Wagner Thermoquiets btw
Thanks

P.S ComaroT56, It really depends on the type of brakes you get and how you use them. I don't use brake pads to stop a car at over 100MPH every single day.

Originally Posted By: akk944
Well thats good to know for the future, but I just noticed these pads are from advance lol. Do THEY do lifetime replacements like AZ? They are Wagner Thermoquiets btw
Thanks

P.S ComaroT56, It really depends on the type of brakes you get and how you use them. I don't use brake pads to stop a car at over 100MPH every single day.

lol if you type of soccer mom, Grocery, grandma left land driving. then any pad from any auto part will work fine, yes advance auto pad is alway life time warranty, just make sure they put your phone number down for warranty.

Lol, well then theres the other extreme. Organic pads would be under "any pad" which even I think suck.

Been really pleased with the Duralast Cmax pads for normal street use. Their best attributes are low dust and low noise ... plus a lifetime warranty.

Originally Posted By: CamaroT56
Their brake pad will eat your rotor alive, Use Hawk pad. Im driving my car hard and hot, high speed brake 100+ mph. Alway have to replace the rotor and then I switch to Hawk pad and never have problem, but autozone rotor is good. I have no problem with those, just their brake pad.

This is a valid observation. But we should note that it is WAY different than regular street driving!
Anyone I know that races [with turns!] on or off the track eats brakes in one way or another.
Rotor eating by premium Autozone pads is not going to be a problem for the vast majority of us.

sorta forgot about this thread! My bad. So which one wouldn't go eating on the rotor. i've heard exact opposites.. Some people say ceramic eat, others say semi-metallic. What's the deal here? BTW, I've replaced brakes for many years and many times and have never looked at that. I usually just get whatever Bendix brakes they have, but now am exploring. I chose bendix because I always got one free replacement and their quality was great imo. Now I'm learning that Bendix isn't necessarily the best or even the most cost effective (especially these days). I do know the extreme is getting the cheap $10 ones which is what I got for the sonoma from AAP (which is what the thread was started for) and they suck lol. Any input appreciated! :D
Thanks
P.S Sorry for the unorganized post

I put the Ceramic Wearever pads from AAP on the front of my GF's Cavalier a few months ago and so far im very pleased with how well they stop and how little they dust.

Interesting, but why not get the autozone stuff because they have the nice life time warranty. I still cant figure out if the ceramics chew the rotor more or semi's!
thanks

akk944 - It is not the material, but the friction rating that is to be considered when concerned about 'rotor chewing'.
Racing pads of GG and up rating can be hard on rotors. Street pads of EE and FF rating are fine.

Oh. So why do some people complain about "cheap pads" eating their rotors too fast if most street pads are fine? Sorry for so many questions, now im interested!

Cheap pads are usually EASIER on rotors.
They are soft and wear - not the rotors.

My general advice is to get the best pads that you can obtain, within reason.

Oh. I see. Well what do you mean by the best pads? I usually stick to bendix pads and have never had a problem with them. However, what's wrong with a set of autozone pads (duralast) and getting them replaced with their "warranty" whenever they wear down. Is the stopping power not good on the semi-metalic or even their ceramics? How "hard" or "soft" are these pads in comparison to bendix stuff. (Honestly, don't know if my bendix brakes are semi, organic, or ceramic. )

Originally Posted By: akk944
Oh. I see. Well what do you mean by the best pads? I usually stick to bendix pads and have never had a problem with them. However, what's wrong with a set of autozone pads (duralast) and getting them replaced with their "warranty" whenever they wear down. Is the stopping power not good on the semi-metalic or even their ceramics? How "hard" or "soft" are these pads in comparison to bendix stuff. (Honestly, don't know if my bendix brakes are semi, organic, or ceramic. )

"Best" should mean "best stopping capability". Wearing of the parts or dust would be secondary to safety concerns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back