Valentino Rossi vs. Yamaha bike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
"It is tough to convince a person like boraticus that uses tack oil on a foam filter to save money why the bike is the key."

Would you care to elaborate on the significance of the above comment?

It would appear, that as usual, when you're faced with a logical argument that you cannot debate, you prefer to stoop to infantile behaviour and post a derogatory comment that has nothing to do with the discussion.

Grow up!

Originally Posted By: azsynthetic
Originally Posted By: heavyhitter
Once again, like I have said before it is the bike and not the rider that wins the race.

So with that logic place "Joe Rider" of the street on a championship winning factory bike and he will be the World Champ huh? Not in a Billion years.

Apparently you know nothing about racing or just can't read. I said any top ten riders can win, not Joe Rider. Ben Spies is ranked 7th and he ain't no Joe Rider. Unless Burgess and crews go to Ducati, Rossi is not going to do any better than he is now with Yamaha.

No I can read quite well and you said... " Once again, like I have said before it is the bike and not the rider that wins the race. Yamaha felt they do not need the reigning world champion to win races and replaced him with a seventh ranked American, Ben Spies." I see nothing about top 10 riders etc. Infact if you did post something later I failed to read it since the first post was so asinine, I figured all of your other subsequent post were probabaly more opinionated unsubstantiated ramblings.

Infact if you did post something later I failed to read it since the first post was so asinine, I figured all of your other subsequent post were probabaly more opinionated unsubstantiated ramblings.

You failed to read it so you were WRONG in shooting your mouth off before getting all the facts. Did you check the archive about what I have stated in the past (i.e. what I have said before)?

The FACT remains: NO race winning champion ever claims that the race was won because of him, it has always been the bike via the manufacturer and the crew chief. You can watch it on all the post race interviews and read about it the next day. Only the bench racers claim that it is the rider.

BTW, Ben Spies beats Lorenzo to the second place while Rossi is trailing in fourth today at MotoGP in Indianapolis. 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place finishes were on Yamaha with three different riders rank 6th, 1st and 5th respectively. If it was the riders then the result would have been much different.

No,even at the top level it's still the rider and not the bike,otherwise we wouldn't have team mates dominating....like Rossi and Edwards,or Stoner and Hayden,apparently on identical bikes.The rider extracts the maximum out of the bike....although it takes the bike to enable them to get that bit extra.Any of the top ten winning on any day? Not likely.

Today's MotoGP will be a good test of rider or bike....but it's skewed.Rossi is leaving Yamaha,Stoner is leaving Ducati...and now they are not contenders.I suspect they haven't been given the latest or best bikes (Rossi's swapped for Spies?)The best riders need the best bikes....but it's the rider that gets the best out of the bike.

The FACT remains: NO race winning champion ever claims that the race was won because of him, it has always been the bike via the manufacturer

Ofcourse they will give props to the one paying their paycheck.

Just like a basketball player saying "I did so well because of the Nike shoes" (that he endorses and sells and has a multi million doallar contract)

Ever watch TV? If you believe eveything the "racer" says then you will know that 5 Hour Energy and RedBull also puts you on the winners podium. lol

I can think of 5 of the worlds best motocross racers who all switched teams sometimes 3x and they STILL won. Kind of kills the bike wins it all doesnt it?

Originally Posted By: rraiderr
Doohan was a 500 GP God.

Yes, 5 times world champion on 500cc GP.

First to demoralise the field with the "big bang" motor.

Then out psyched them switching back to the "screamer."

Congratulations to Spies on Indianapolis 2nd place. Good year for a rookie.

Rossi not too shabby considering he is all beat up at the moment.

And Pedrosa is a perfect example of why there should be weight handicapping in motorcycle racing. Good ride all the same.

Ofcourse they will give props to the one paying their paycheck.

Just like a basketball player saying "I did so well because of the Nike shoes" (that he endorses and sells and has a multi million doallar contract)

I can think of 5 of the worlds best motocross racers who all switched teams sometimes 3x and they STILL won. Kind of kills the bike wins it all doesnt it?

Wrong again, even after leaving the winning team the riders still credit the bikes and the crews. I can name 10 racers (former champions) that stop winning once they leave the winning team. The facts are not on your side.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
While I would agree that the rider is a very important factor, the factory 'works' bikes are a severe advantage.

This fact escapes pretty much all the bench racers. The Aprilia 125 & 250 are so good it doesn't matter who rode them.

It takes both a skilled rider and a competitive bike, having one without the other is like taking a [censored] and not wiping you asss it just doesn't work.

No one in their right mind would hire a John Doe to race in MotoGP or World Superbike, etc. We are talking about professional riders on dedicated race bikes and not Joe Blow on a YZF-M1 nor Rossi on a showroom R1. All the bench racers, please stop dreaming.

No one in their right mind would hire a John Doe to race in MotoGP or World Superbike, etc.

You just shattered my dream, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back