Trolling - What Gives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So as most of you know I took a break from this board for a while and before I left there was only the occasional troll once in a blue moon.

Today there seems to be one every second day, and if not there seems to be someone accusing someone else of it.

What gives?

Yeah, I don't see the point in it... Are they high? drunk? or just have a twisted mind.

Why waste the effort only to have people call you out on it.

I just don't get it.

Originally Posted By: StevieC
Yeah, I don't see the point in it... Are they high? drunk? or just have a twisted mind.

Why waste the effort only to have people call you out on it.

I just don't get it.

21.gif

No idea. Kinda like youtube trolls.
"OMGZ URZ MUZTANGZ SUCKEZ GET A LANCER INSTEAD!!!!!!"

smirk2.gif

You see it constantly, people answering posts with no relevant information at all or making neg comments. My thought is if the masses just ignore the jabs for an argument or the silly posts, eventually they will get board and go away. Actually you rarely see an in depth discussion on a complicated matter like "iron in M1" without it getting off track and into an argument. I really look forward to reading some members posts, but lately most of the people i look for dont post much. There are still a few that still post that i like to read. It would be nice to have a private BITOG of some sort that you could only get into if you spend a year on regular bitog and the group accepts you in.

I don't know. And you're not the only one who has noticed this.

Hopefully, it's just some sort of a phase. Problem is, I've usually noticed it on boards in the middle of the winter... not in the middle of summer.

I've removed all of the information from my signature file, because others proved to the rest of us that they weren't mature enough to know such information.

There are a few forums on this board, that I refuse to view anymore, because of the frequent bickering between "brand loyalists".

A shame, really.

It just bothers me these trolls...

If you aren't here to help or aren't here to learn then step aside and post your $%!#@ on your own Forum.
mad.gif

It wouldn't surprise me if trolls did own vehicles like those shown above. Making up for some short-coming I think.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Nick R
Or just a really, really dumb post.

A "dumb" post is not trolling. It's just a dumb post.
wink.gif

Trolling is when you're intentionally trying to tick people off and generate heated argument.

I haven't seen a lot of obvious trolling here, but I have seen more heated arguments. Maybe that's what the OP is talking about?

Do you consider inane posts the same as trolling? I have seen an upsurge in posts that I would consider more appropriate to Twitter or Facebook, i.e. What are you thinking, eating, drinking, breathing, listening to, etc.

Perhaps other people find those posts to be worthwhile, or perhaps they are posts with some serious questioning intent that are just stated too broadly, but many of them strike me not as serious inquiries but the result of a poster with too much time on his hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back