quaker state green bottle

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey all still new to this but was at local autozone tonight seen this quaker state advanced durability oil change with ac delco or stp filter for 14.99 i change my oil every 3000 to 3500 miles usually use castrol gtx but seemed like a deal any thoughts?

figured it was a decent deal truck sits a lot with me having company truck everyone think it would be ok to switch?

QS is an excellent oil and usually can be had cheap when on sale. Build a stash of cheap oil and drive happy.

3,000 - 3500 miles seems like overkill what kind of car, engine and mileage on the engine. Also what are your driving habits?

i knew years ago quaker state was the one to avoid and pennzoil didnt know anymore like i said it may get drove 700 to 800 miles a month at the most i still change 3 mo or 3k miles

big thanks on the input on this.... its a late model 350 chevrolet has about 145K miles on it changed with GTX 3k-3500 miles always a Wix or AC filter.... like id mentioned id heard years ago that QS and Pennzoil was 2 to avoid but hear those names a lot these days and a lot since ive been on here

QS makes a fine oil. Dont doubt it for one second, but Id be nervous about those filters. Ecores.... ugh... dont get me started on Ecores.

QS Advanced Durability is a great oil. I just started using it myself. I had been using Valvoline or Napa/Carquest oil for a long time before now. My engine runs better, runs quieter and smoother and just sounds like it is a lot better lubricated on the QS. I track my gas mileage on www.fuelly.com and it is up about 1/2 to 3/4 MPG since I switched to QS. My oil pressure holds better now too, it is a little higher at all speeds/RPM than it was on Valvoline. And my oil pressure does not fluctuate like it did on Valvoline either, but that may also be due to using a Purolator Classic filter. I used Napa Proselects and Carquest Rel Label filters before this.

I picked up 5 of the 5 quarts of QS conventional and Purolator CLassic filter for $12.99 at AAP in June. QS is a great oil and I got a 2-case stash for $2.16 per quart. I couldn't be happier with that, and I am very pleased with the way the WS is running in my truck now. This is on a 2001 Dodge Dakota with 133,900 miles on it, 3.9 liter V6 and a 5-speed manual.

You can use the QS with complete confidence.

QS green bottle is good stuff. No reason to hesitate, go ahead and put it in your vehicle.

If you want a bit more savings, start checking out the site more, check out the used oil analysis (UOA) results, then when you're comfortable with it, start extending your oil change intervals (OCI). Unless you have any specific reason for it, chances are your vehicle can go over 3.5k mile OCIs without any reason to be concerned (though you shouldn't extend your OCI if it'll void your vehicle warranty.

QS green bottle is one of the best oils for a little cash out there today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back