Had our extra car painted at Peach auto painting

Status
Not open for further replies.
and collision center. I realize that Peach locations are a franchise so there is probably quite a bit of variation. The Charlotte NC location did a really good job for me. The car is a 97 Camry that my step daughter drove through college. It was parked outside, often under a tree and never washed. Although the mechanical condition is excellent (I've always cared for it), it looked horrible. For $775 dollars paid in cash, I got some body work and their very best paint job. Their best paint job is a true base/clear coat procedure with two coats of each. When you consider the price, it turned out great. The woman who runs the place told me which portions of the body work would end up looking almost perfect and which would end up being pretty good. She was true to her word. When I pointed out the the bumper was a little uneven, she repainted it for free. I don't know what others have experienced, but my experience was overwhelmingly positive.

Did they remove trim or mask around trim? What other prep work was done to the old paint? I just do not see how you can get a paint job that will hold up (not peel or fade for several years) for that price.

Hey, for $775 bucks and you're happy and satisfied, fantastic, what more would one want.

Good deal!! Great value!!

The problem with those paint jobs is that they are 5-foot jobs for the first while, but turn into 10 then 15 then 20 foot jobs and so on, meaning it only looks good at those distances and further...

It all depends upon the prep and quality of the work. Keep us posted!

It was $775 for the whole car. The pricing was $599 for the paint job, $275 for the body work and $100 off for cash/not using a credit card. They didn't remove the trim, they taped but they did a good job taping. I realize that the paint might not look this good forever as the car is parked outside. I plan to keep it really clean by running it through the car wash at the service statiion every time I buy gas. I'll also keep some wax on it. I will keep you posted. I'll take some pictures if I can get any that are worth seeing.

If the paint job looks good to you now and they used decent quality materials and prepped the car well enough to be sure the old paint was clean and had some tooth, you are good to go.

You didn't get a $5k paint job and you didn't pay for one, but there is no reason to expect it to be a problem as long as they did the above.

Plus it was a 13 year old car going in and a 13 year old car coming out, and not a collector one either. Just a 2nd car to drive, and wanted it to look better. I think it was a wise choice.

Wow, the premier paint job is what I got and in Charlotte, it's $599. The description of what was posted by the critic and what I purchased is exactly the same. Price discrimination? Independent franchises setting their own prices?

If you are happy that is all that matter, but coming from someone who has a friend that owns a body shop, there is NO WAY you received a true base/clear for that price. The materials alone will run near that price buddy. If they didn't sand it, I guarantee that it will start chipping in 5 months or less.

Originally Posted By: alltrac
Originally Posted By: hisilver
Im sure the car turns in the same amount of time as when it was not painted. lol

Is your comment a joke or are you serious?

Is your question a joke or are you serious?
13.gif

Originally Posted By: XS650
Originally Posted By: alltrac
Originally Posted By: hisilver
Im sure the car turns in the same amount of time as when it was not painted. lol

Is your comment a joke or are you serious?

Is your question a joke or are you serious?
13.gif

I'm seriously asking a question if he was serious about his response. Is your comment about my question serious or are you joking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back