L T 245 75 R 16'' load range E 10 ply

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have bought several sets of tires, just wanted to ask if anyone uses this size and name brand and the results u have had in wear an so on. I haul freight in a one ton dodge van, tires are usually rated 10 ply at 3300lb load capacity each. I usually buy take offs, sometimes 4 for 100 bucks. At
Wally World they are 130 bucks each.Goodyear.

I doubt that the $130 Goodyear at Wal-Mart is an LT tire. Most likely it is a standard load (P) tire... which is a Tracker 2.

we just got Michelin LTX MS2 Load range E in 245/75/16 delivered to our door for a little over 700 bucks!

Keep looking. There are terrific take off deals but no way are you getting an "E" for 130 bucks.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
we just got Michelin LTX MS2 Load range E in 245/75/16 delivered to our door for a little over 700 bucks!

Keep looking. There are terrific take off deals but no way are you getting an "E" for 130 bucks.

Maybe you should have kept looking. Discount tire Direct and Tire Rack both have E rated 245/75/16s for $130 or less.

DTD had 5 different tires listed and TR had 4.

perhaps I should add the word "quality" to my post.

I run a fleet of 3500 Savanas and a couple of Silverados. My Vans weigh 8800 pounds before we even put a thing in them! Needless to say we buy a lot of tires.

I wouldn't touch one of those so-called "bargain" tires.

The stock Bridgestones that come on the vans wear out in 20-25k miles. The last set of Michelin LTX I just replaced had 64000 miles!

In reality the Michelins are the cheapest tires I have ever used.

I wouldn't consider Yokahama,General,or BFG to be "bargain" tires. A couple of those tires are highly rated at Tire Rack.

I've owned Michelins and IMO they're overrated and overpriced.

Originally Posted By: Stewart Fan

Many times, they simply aren't overpriced.

Not when you look at it at a basis of the cost per thousand miles of treadlife. Then, Michelins are actually cheaper.

But you can't convince some people of it. They refuse to accept simple facts.

Originally Posted By: Stewart Fan

I wouldn't consider Yokahama,General,or BFG to be "bargain" tires. A couple of those tires are highly rated at Tire Rack.

Here is a highly rated tire at the tire rack.

GeneralgrabberHTS.jpg

We had them installed then 2 weeks later they were removed because they were down right dangerous. Almost lost the truck a couple of times.

Then we had these installed.

Michelin.jpg

These have a little squirm but nothing like the grabber HTS. I was very nervous every day for the 2 weeks the grabbers were on the truck.

The OEM bridgestones were bald by 23K.

Last edited:
wait till you see how long that tire lasts!

And the 'squirm' goes away after a few miles.

Are they M/S or M/S2? There are a few improvements in the newer generation.

I just finally got my company to agree to ditch the Goodyear tracker tires that were on their truck, which were a 10-ply....these tires were VERY VERY scary on anything but completely dry surface.

I will NEVER put a cheap goodyear, or any cheap tire for that matter on a vehicle period.

All last winter I was white knuckle driving, it was very scary!

Company finally vouched to install Firestone Destination A/T's HUGE difference.

Too bad they wouldn't step up to the TransForce A/T's if they went Firestone. Those are a good LT tire...

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
I doubt that the $130 Goodyear at Wal-Mart is an LT tire. Most likely it is a standard load (P) tire... which is a Tracker 2.

Yeah, in order to get LT you have to step up to the $140 Uniroyal Liberator.
Well, maybe at one time they were $130, but now they are $140... :p

Last edited:
I like the Uniroyal HD/H tires or the Michelin's for a load range E tire on a truck or van for highway useage!

can't go wrong.....

I just don't see many other tires hold up as good, the BF Goodrich Commercial T/A doesn't look bad at first, but I'm really not too impressed with how they wear on a few people's vans we service

maybe on a ranger?

We just swapped out 3 sets of Michelin LTX M/S on 9000+ pound Savana 3500 vans.

They lasted from 60,000 miles to 64,000 miles! I even sold some of the take offs!

Guess what we bought?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back