Pennzoil Ultra 5w30, 6277 miles 2009 Infiniti G37

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent results! Obvious difference between PU and M1... well obvious to those that aren't head-over-heels-in-love-with-their-M1
grin2.gif

scan0001-1.jpg

A complete reversal of what KLB posted. This guy switched to Ultra after using Mobil 1.

So to recap, KLB went from Mobil 1 to PU and wear metals went down. This guy switched from Mobil 1 to PU and wear metals went up..... and Blackstone even recommended to go back to M1 over PU.

Last edited:
I've said it before and I'll say it again. If you love your
VVEL, put Redline or Motul in it, run it for 5K OCIs. It's
cheaper and you'll have total peace-of-mind. Many VVEL owners
are spending more time and and much more money on UOAs
trying to find a cheaper oil that works in these engines than it
would cost to use something proven to hold up well.

Last edited:
Try an OEM air filter and an M1 oil filter. You can get 5 quarts of M1 EP including an M1 oil filter at AZ for about $38. AZ and Mobil run the deal every 2/3 months. Your engine is still breaking in. It's natural for the wear metals to decline over the break in period. Don't take the UOA,and explanations,too literally. It's Alchemy;Not Science.

Originally Posted By: JonfromCB
I've said it before and I'll say it again. If you love your VVEL, put Redline or Motul in it, run it for 5K OCIs. It's cheaper and you'll have total peace-of-mind. Many VVEL owners are spending more time and and much more money on UOAs trying to find a cheaper oil that works in these engines than it would cost to use something proven to hold up well.

The best VQ37 UOA on the web is Pennzoil Platinum 5W-30. Eneos 5W-30 has some excellent published VQ37 UOAs, as does Castrol Syntec 5W-30.

I have not seen an excellent Motul or Redline UOA on the G37 where all the wear metals are below universal average. And I belong to Dyson Mobility Weblog.

Source for your claims, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back