? for sunruh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, have you ever tested Amsoil oils? I was wondering if they shear as quickly as most everything else.
Also, how often do you change your oil? Every ride? Thanks.

yes i tested amsoil way back. it was the first 2 samples i sent into the stoners. yes it sheared out of grade just like most of the rest have.

here is the 1st test:
Amsoil 20w50 Motorcycle Spec raced for 60 miles in a 2001 Yamaha YZ250F.
Testing done by Blackstone Labs on 4/26/01.

INSOLUBLES: .2%
WATER: 0.0%
ANTIFREEZE: 0.0%
FUEL: < 1.5%
FLASHPOINT IN ºF: 365
SUS VISCOSITY @ 210 ºF: 68.4

yes, 68.4
0.2 away from being a 30wt! a T H I R T Y weight!!!
a drop of 2 grades.

i am testing a new version of amsoil right now. however, i am in a holding pattern because i had shoulder surgery and have been unable to ride. soon i will be back to riding and racing.

Thanks, I have to have shoulder surgery too. I'm going in Friday, I also fractured my wrist. Fun times...
So you change oil out every 60 miles or so?

keith,
sorry to hear that you are having shoulder surgery.
i had a SLAP tear.
10x worse than when i tore up my knee!
today is 8 weeks post-op. still cant do everything. on my knee at this point i was racing already.
i finished a race and had it analyzed.
please realize this is a mere 5 months after the yz250f hit the public and nobody had any data on how a 5valve single spinning 13,500 rpm was gonna hold up. i wanted to know the wear rates of the titanium valves.

berlyn,
yes i've tested it. one of the best of the best!!!
yes it holds up great. a serious oil with a serious price.
it would be on my short list of oils that i would do a long race or very long ride with.

sunruh, I am curious as to how Schaeffers "Synthetic Plus" Racing 20W-50 will hold up to your torture testing. I am ready to send you oil to test. Tell me where and how many qts when you are ready.

now that is one oil i have been itching to try!

give me till november.
the doc has not cleared me to ride yet (hopefully early/mid sept) and i have 2 tests to do once i am.

never have tested schaeffers.

i have read a lot of specs on their stuff, but never tested it.

imho, at this point i dont see a reason to either.
unless it is less in price than SRT or ST.

Yes, lower priced but larger quantities...that can be a problem.

The #9000 5W-40 full syn is available in 6 - 1 gallon cases. The #9001 5W-50 full syn is available in 6 - 1 gallon cases or 5 gallon pails. I don't know the packaging of the #707 20W-50 syn blend, maybe 12 - 1 qt cases.

Yes the #707 is available in qts. Runs a little under $7/qt full retail. The reason I ask is I have basically switched everything of my own to Schaeffers, and I'm being asked about the #707 for a couple of 2003 HD Roadkings. I can only imagine it is top of the line like the rest of thier products but was looking for some results from real world testing.

imho, not worth the hassel.

i can walk into any store (chinamart, autozoners, oreally?, advancedparts...) and get SRT and know it will work.
and do that in ANY town in the usa.

it is darn hard to break the price/performance of SRT.

the only way i know of if with a BOGO deal on another oil thats just as good (and there are not many).

Originally Posted By: ramechanic4
Yes the #707 is available in qts. Runs a little under $7/qt full retail. The reason I ask is I have basically switched everything of my own to Schaeffers, and I'm being asked about the #707 for a couple of 2003 HD Roadkings. I can only imagine it is top of the line like the rest of thier products but was looking for some results from real world testing.

Run it and have it analyzed, and post the data in the MC UOA section. Right now Valvoline VR1 is Top of the Line for the Twin Cams. Mabye Schaeffers can come in second.

I'll have to do that OnTheFence. This will be in my mom and step-dad's bikes, both running around 100hp, so they'll put it through it's paces. They already have the oil and it should be getting put in in the next couple weeks. I'll keep you posted.

Shell Rotella T the white bottle 15w40

ooooh 100hp. ha ha ha. out of what 70 or 80 cubes?

try 40hp out of 250cc (15.2ci) and work it up to that size.

Rotella's good oil, but they need to make it available in different weights. My bike likes 20-50, but unfortunately, Rotella isn't available in that weight...

Originally Posted By: grampi
Rotella's good oil, but they need to make it available in different weights. My bike likes 20-50, but unfortunately, Rotella isn't available in that weight...

What happens when you run SRT 15w-40 in it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back