what two stroke oil are you using.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Using Stihl full synthetic (silver bottle) at 50:1 for my Echo string trimmer. I'm using up the last of my Poulan synthetic in my Craftsman leaf blower at 40:1. I'll keep using the Stihl for the trimmer, not sure what I'm gonna try next for the blower.

its a great oil but costs$ prob using amzoil would work out to be cheaper. i have about a 2 yr supply of mobil 2t after which i will switch to amzoil. i have some old engines that are on their last legs and i use penzoil full synth at 32/1 in these and they run good enough to use in my comm biz . e3 plugs help too but they should have given up a long time back , going from 50/1 to 32/1 has raised compression to where they are usefull again

Just tried the Saber in trimmer and a couple of saws@50:1. Very nice! Practically no smoke or odor. Smooth revs. I'm impressed!

I have used..Lawnboy...Toro...Amsoil Synthetic..Mercruiser semi-synthetic 2-cycle oils.

Presently using Sthil HP Ultra Synthetic..white bottle....silver label...50:1...using 89 octane as they state to use. No smoke at all.

Older equipment doesn't bog down at full RPM's after a while like it used to.

Gonna stick with it.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Pete591
I have used..Lawnboy...Toro...Amsoil Synthetic..Mercruiser semi-synthetic 2-cycle oils.

Presently using Sthil HP Ultra Synthetic..white bottle....silver label...50:1...using 89 octane as they state to use. No smoke at all.

Older equipment doesn't bog down at full RPM's after a while like it used to.

Gonna stick with it.

DAAAAMMMMMIIIITTTT!
I mixed up my Echo stuff today and used 87, the bottle lists 89. I totally forgot till I read that post.

Shoudl I worry about it? Its being used in a free weedwhacker and I dont really want to dump out a whole gallon of the stuff. I guess I could add an oz or two of the walmart stuff.

I think Im just gonna use it anyway.
Good stuff, no smoke and the exhaust doesnt even really have a smell. Weedwhacker runs better too.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: MrMeeks
Cannot find mobil 1 2T anywhere. Would like to try it.

That's because the quit making it about two years ago.

Trying a new 2-cycle oil in my equipment and so for it seems to work really well. Has a nice smell to it and no smoke at all.

Lubegard Premium 2-Cycle Oil.

http://www.lubegard.com/~/C-181/LUBEGARD+Premium+2+Cycle+Engine+Oil

Well, I have tried three time to attach this link but for some reason it will not attach. Highlight it, right click then go to the site.

Last edited:
I'm running a syn oil purchased at the snowmobile shop.The oil is called 'VES'.It has a strong sweet odor in the bottle and I mix it at 40:1 in the chainsaw. The saw starts easily and cuts with more power than any petroleum oil I have ever used. What is that sweet odor about? Forgot to mention this oil is sold at the Polaris shop.

I'm using saber at 80:1 in a bolens trimmer.Could not get the bolens to run or start well at 40:1. The carb is not adjustable and the engine seems fuel starved.Using less oil is the only way around this as far as I know.Could not find Mobil 1 2T anywhere so I will keep using saber in the trimmer.The trimmer does run cool on the saber with much more power.I don't sell oil

I've been using Saber @50:1 in my Echo string trimmer with much better success than with Echo Powerblend. It also has a non-adjustable carb. I only recently started to try 75:1. Perhaps a little better throttle response but other than that no other changes have been apparent.

Recently purchased a poulan pro 42cc chainsaw on ebay.With low compression it would not start on 40:1. Using pennzoil MP at 16:1 sealed the loose piston and the saw starts easily and with more power than the 'wildthing'.Continuing to use the saber 80:1 in the bolens trimmer with good results

Originally Posted By: MrMeeks
Recently purchased a poulan pro 42cc chainsaw on ebay.With low compression it would not start on 40:1. Using pennzoil MP at 16:1 sealed the loose piston and the saw starts easily and with more power than the 'wildthing'.Continuing to use the saber 80:1 in the bolens trimmer with good results

If available, put in a set of over-sized rings. Compression will come up and power will be much better. It's pretty easy to pull the cylinder off a chain saw. If you know the specs, you take some measurements to see if the piston is worn. Chances are that the engine has a chrome bore, so the cylinder should be good. A little work and a few buck will give you a saw that runs like new.

This thread morphed from which to what ratio I see.
Anywho, I currently use orange bottle Stihl at 50:1 for all of my 2 cycle engines ( even the ones that call for 32 and 40 to 1). I too got rid of two 2cycle mix cans.
When my stash of that is gone I will start using Bailey's synthetic that I bought on sale in my last order.

Now I'm running Pennz. multipurpose in a pair of trimmers at 50:1 and they start and have the power I had with saber.No smoke on the Pennz. and a quart costs $3.49.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back