Euro oil pics as requested by Johnny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Euro oil pics as requested by Johnny.
Notice the xw-20 weights are missing 5w-30 is most common.No manufacturer here even the Japanese recommend anything 20 weight even in the coldest alpine regions.
I sit here pondering why no 20 weight?
Sorry pic quality is low with cell phone,they didn't want me taking pictures in the store.

08042010001.jpg

08042010002.jpg

08042010005h.jpg

08042010009.jpg

08042010012.jpg

Thanks for taking the pictures!
thumbsup2.gif
0W-30 is the thinnest I've seen in the UK, although unless I walked into an automotive parts store, there was never this big of a range - mostly Mobil and Castrol products and own brands. Nice to see all the Liqui-Moly product on the shelves.
grin2.gif
Öl-Schlamm-Spülung is an excellent slow sludge cleaner, dump it in, drive 300 km and change your oil.

I also notice Shell Helix Ultra is in the old bottles. Over here, they recently switched to the same bottle as the HX7 pictured, which is the same as the Pennzoil Ultra bottle. Do they sell Delphi engine oil in Germany? The bottle next to the Castrol Edge Formula RS on the first picture looks identical.

That's another thing about European oils in Europe... 74€ for a five liter jug of oil!

When I was in Slovakia last December, a 4 liter jug of Shell Helix Ultra in the older blue bottle was a whopping 68€ at the local Shell station (closest place to the plant that sold food & had running water in the bathroom). Most US-based BITOG folks would have a coronary at spending $100 in oil alone for an oil change.

Meanwhile a 4 liter jug of adblue was only 12€... wonder why folks are afraid of SCR systems for diesels? That seems downright reasonable.

All the above are true, i´m afraid.
I live in Portugal.
There is just no demand for 20 weight oil, except for very few Toyota Prius an Honda CIvic hybrids.. and even those go for the 0w30, much easier to find and less expensive..

Got the exact same answer from 2 Castrol engineers i've questioned after a lecture..

And oil here IS EXPENSIVE.
Best value for money ratio in in the 10w40 synthetic blends and 5w40 "generic" synthetics.. probably because the majority of those are nothing more than Group III oil and not really PAO...

Wished i lived in the US.. its like OIL HEAVEN for me :)
So many brands and types at unbeliaveble prices!
I would be able to keep my oil consuming VW for much less money..

Originally Posted By: Trav
Euro oil pics ...
Notice the xw-20 weights are missing 5w-30 is most common.No manufacturer here even the Japanese recommend anything 20 weight even in the coldest alpine regions.
I sit here pondering why no 20 weight?

Geeze. How do all the oh-so "enlightened" thin guys explain this???

21.gif

Castrol Edge 0w40 is on sale on a local store here for 24.90€.. due to the fact its a 2007 batch.. after that it will skyrocket to 60-75€..

My choice, if my engine didn´t "drink it" in 600 miles..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back