Best Car and light truck batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Scotty1981
I dont replace them until they leave me stranded but I also carry one of those black and decker self jump start things so I don't need to worry about finding someone to give me a jump.

In certain areas in Miami [and elsewhere] if you get stranded [only for a few minutes] there is a good chance your wife and kids won't see you anymore.

They have jumpstart units you can plug into your 12V and not even have to get out of the car to jumpstart it.

If the area is that bad, why go there in the first place, sounds like just by being there you wouldn't see your family even if the car would start once you got in it.

When I say stranded I mean car wouldn't start, I've never had a battery go bad wehre the car just stalled out and quit running while I was driving.

If the area is that bad, why go there in the first place, sounds like just by being there you wouldn't see your family even if the car would start once you got in it.

Alot of buisnesses and warehouses are in real bad areas.

They have jumpstart units you can plug into your 12V and not even have to get out of the car to jumpstart it.

When I say stranded I mean car wouldn't start, I've never had a battery go bad wehre the car just stalled out and quit running while I was driving.

The connection from inside the car is fused and therefore the current that you can supply from any device to the vehicle battery and or starter is limited by the fuse. You could supply enough current to charge the vehicles battery so that it would start after being charged. But you could not supply anywhere near enough current to crank an engine with a dead battery.

For jump starting a vehicle with a dead battery without spending a long time charging the battery before attempting to start it you would have to connect the big clips to the battery to get a connection that could handle the current.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back