honda rim on a sentra

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a 93 nissan sentra with the standard 13 inch steel rim. i have a 90 honda civic rim will that fit my 93 sentra with the same offset on the rim? reason is i have a bent rim and i cant get it balanced right and i cant find that rim anywhere right now so i figured the 90 civic rim will fit with the same offset. i know more likely the rim will fit i just want it to be the same offset it will bother me if it isnt. thanks :)

btw these are the rims on my sentra.
001zye.jpg
and this is the rim i have to replace the bent one for now
honda-civic-wheels-63695-b.jpg
one thing good too is the civic rim is black.

Last edited:
I think you'll be just fine! If the center hub of the wheel on the Honda rim will fit over the center hub of the Sentra and they are both 4 lug design wheels, I beleive you'll be fine. I once put wheels from a Dodge onto a Honda and it fit perfectly but, the Honda wheels didn't fit the Dodge because the center hole on the Honda wheels were too small althought the lugs were fine. I bored the centers to fit the Dodge. There are many wheels from one MFG that will fit the others with the exception of the center hub. If you were to purchace a universal wheel for most small cars', the center hub hole would be at the lagrest size the that wheel would need to fit(with the proper lug nut spacing) wheather it be a 4 or 5 lug design.

Just trying something recently between my 04 Altima(5 lug wheels) and my daughters 06 Mazda3(5 lug wheels). I wanted to put on my Nissan factory wheels on her car just to see it really is her tires making the noise(I susspect tire noise or front wheel bearings). The Nissan wheels wouldn't fit over the hub(s) of the Mazda but everything else would have been fine.

Originally Posted By: XCELERATIONRULES
Search tire rack or discount tire direct for wheels.
it will state the size,usually 4x100 or 4 x 114 etc.
match both vehicles in the chart and you are good to go.
Don't guess.

There is more to it than just bolt pattern. There is also offset and center bore diameter that need to match.

If you go lugcentric you "might" get a wobble. The way to avoid this is to carefully snug the acorn shaped lugnuts in the typical criss-cross pattern while the tire is still in the air. I would make several criss-crosses with gradually increasing torque just to be sure.

If you have flat lugs (for alloy wheels) you'll need some hub rings.

Almost all aftermarket aluminum wheels are not hubcentric, and they're doing just fine.

Originally Posted By: JakeR22
Almost all aftermarket aluminum wheels are not hubcentric, and they're doing just fine.

Depends on how sensitive your steering/suspension is. In my 530i, I can definitely feel it in the steering wheel when I put on non-hubcentric rims, even though I do use centering rings on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back