Gumout Regane Complete Fuel System Cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just spotted this- until June 29, O'Reillys has Gumout Regane Complete Fuel System cleaner at $4.99 per 12 oz bottle. Regane seems to be well thought of here- is this a good price?

Good stuff. Real good stuff, if you don't prefer to dose with FP Plus at each fillup, as I do.

I'm using FP in the Dakota right now, but only midway through the 2nd tank, dose 1 oz/5 gal. Would like to try the Regane as a strong(2 bottles to a 22-gal tank should be about right, yes?)once in a while cleaner.

Originally Posted By: Stuart Hughes
I'm using FP in the Dakota right now, but only midway through the 2nd tank, dose 1 oz/5 gal. Would like to try the Regane as a strong(2 bottles to a 22-gal tank should be about right, yes?)once in a while cleaner.

Stuart: if you plan on continuing to run FP (Plus?) on a regular basis, you do not need to "shock" your fuel system with two bottles of Regane.

And your dosage of 1 ounce per 5 gallons will be more than sufficient to clean your injectors, combustion chamber, and act as an upper cylinder lubricant, in addition to other benefits.

Do you plan on 1 ounce per 5 gallons from now on or is that just for a few tankfuls?

Yeah, I know. I've used FP & LC for over 5 years now. Of all the additives/improvers/cleaners/whatever you want to call some of 'em, there are 3 I've used that, for sure, are NOT snake oil & do what they say: Lube Control, Fuel Power, & the ultra-versatile Schaeffer Neutra. Let's make it 4 & include Auto-RX too, but some users have unreasonable expectations, & need to remember that it can't replace worn metal or clean away sludge that isn't there.

Re Regane: Just looking down the road for whenever my FP stash runs out. The Dakota's PO said that every 4000-5000 miles or so he ran a can of Berrymans B12 through the gas- maybe so, maybe not. The FP will certainly clean things up- over time- and is *Great* for keeping everything clean. Don't think I'll give it the shock dose of FP, the truck does seem to finally be responding a little.

No more than I drive these days, my dwindling supply of FP should last me for another year or so.

And alas, the Regane sale price at O'Reillys ended. Guess I'll wait until the next sale!

Can this fix a lazy Air/Fuel sensor (upstream)? The 99 Camry gave the code for Air/Fuel sensor last year. I put a fuel system cleaner in the tank and the code vanished for a year. It came back few weeks ago. I put Regane in the tank and the code "seems" to have been suppressed. The Air/Fuel sensor "looks" somewhat new but I do not know the real mileage on it. I examined the live data using my scanner and the voltages looked plausible. However, when I was revving it up and down in park, I could see it going in and out of closed loop

I am not sure if cleaning fuel system could take care of Air/Fuel sensor but I am not complaining. I am glad that I picked up the entire stock of Regane when it was on sale.

- Vikas

I paid a lot more for it here ($13 at Canadian Tire), but it was worth every penny. Plan to keep using it once or twice a year, although now that I can wait for the next treatment (less than 900 km since I used it), I will wait and buy a few bottles when I find it on sale.

-Spyder

I was mistaken about Regane fixing the A/F sensor. The code came back after a week even though initially all tests were completed successfully as verified by my scanner. The gas mileage has dropped substantially and all indications are that I will have to buy new A/F sensor. I still dumped another bottle of Regane in the tank hoping against hope that it will magically fix my A/F sensor!

- Vikas

I think I read somewhere that one of the Gumout cleaners had a good amount of PEA and was a good alternative to Amsoil PI2 or Redline SI1. Exactly which of the many variants of Gumout/Gumout Regane have high amounts of PEA, now that Canadian Tire sells it?

Last we knew for sure, anything that said "regane" had PEA in it. Gumout has other fuel system/injector cleaners that don't carry the regane name.

Originally Posted By: badtlc
Last we knew for sure, anything that said "regane" had PEA in it. Gumout has other fuel system/injector cleaners that don't carry the regane name.

OK, so anything that says "Regane", that's a good start.

Does the "2X concentrated" or "normal" make a difference in the formulation? Are they truly the same product just "2X concentrated" so you mix less additive in with the same amount of gas? If so, I can't imagine why Gumout goes to the expense of having the two different product lines - pick one.

Originally Posted By: Craig in Canada
Originally Posted By: badtlc

OK, so anything that says "Regane", that's a good start.

Does the "2X concentrated" or "normal" make a difference in the formulation? Are they truly the same product just "2X concentrated" so you mix less additive in with the same amount of gas? If so, I can't imagine why Gumout goes to the expense of having the two different product lines - pick one.

The 2x does not have the same amount of carrier solvent as the old "normal style." The carrier solvent, in my opinion, does not offer any benefits. The new concentrate costs less to make, ship, and takes up less space on the shelf. These are all positive to the companies (Gumout, Walmart, etc) that sell the product to you. The concentrate bottle also takes less plastic to make which save money. The smaller plastic bottles are also cheaper to ship to Gumout, again saving money. This cost savings to the company means very little to you except maybe no significant rise in retail prices.

P.S. Gumout does not have two different product lines; i.e. normal and concentrate. They now only sell the concentrate. Any normal style bottles are left over stock.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back