What is best thermostat brand ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im changing my thermostat today, Just wonder what brand I should get, my autozone have one in duralast really cheap, just wonder who made duralast thermostat ? its any good ? thanks !

When it comes to thermostats, I only use one from the dealer.

OEM is the best quality on this one, and they seem to last longer.

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
When it comes to thermostats, I only use one from the dealer.

OEM is the best quality on this one, and they seem to last longer.

Agreed!

Napa Super Stat. Robert Shaw is good too, if you can find one. Don't use a cheap thermostat. They don't open and close right and they won't last.

Originally Posted By: CamaroT56
Im changing my thermostat today, Just wonder what brand I should get, my autozone have one in duralast really cheap, just wonder who made duralast thermostat ? its any good ? thanks !

Assuming it's a Camaro (or other GM product), a SuperStant or OEM would be your best bet. If there's any doubt whatsoever, stick with OEM.

For my 1990 Lincoln Town Car that I used to have, the Motorcraft was HALF the price of the Canadian Tire brand. Seeing a dealer undercut a major chain by that much is rare.

With my Audi 200 Turbo, the SuperStant is the wrong temperature, by a substantial margin, so I went with the OEM supplier, Wahler, for the correct temperature.

Originally Posted By: CamaroT56
who made oem for chevy ?

Well, it would be boxed and labelled as a GM or an AC Delco.

This is one of the LAST parts that I'd ever go cheap on.

Put a Motorad failsafe in my Mazda 626...It stuck open within a month or so after install. It did not stick open due to overheating...just got a bad one. Put an Altrom from Napa which looked exactly like the OEM and it has been fine since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back