Much props to discount tire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today i headed over to discount tire so they can look at my tire cracks to see what they thought. Sure enought ozone cracks...pretty much nothing the can do. They only offered me 25.00 a tire (265/75R16's Yokohama RTS). Mind you i still have 10/32's left.

I headed to another discount tire and sure enough that store gave me 400.00 for my set towards another set. So in a few hours ill be picking up Bridgestone Duealer Revos 2. I was suprised that i have 50K on those tires.

If you get turned down by one store try another store...im glad i did.

You bought these tires from Discount Tire ? How long ago ?

The manager at a store has much discretion in how he/she credits the defective tires. We don't have Discount Tire in So Cal, but we have America Tires and they are the same company with different names. I found out that different store has different price structures, but overall they are all reasonable compares with some places like Pep Boys, Big-O tires ...

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
You bought these tires from Discount Tire ? How long ago ?

The manager at a store has much discretion in how he/she credits the defective tires. We don't have Discount Tire in So Cal, but we have America Tires and they are the same company with different names. I found out that different store has different price structures, but overall they are all reasonable compares with some places like Pep Boys, Big-O tires ...

Three years ago with 45K miles on the tires and still with 10/32's tread left.

Originally Posted By: ARB1977

Three years ago with 45K miles on the tires and still with 10/32's tread left.

So, what you're telling us is that it would have been a 200,000 mile tire?

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04

So, what you're telling us is that it would have been a 200,000 mile tire?

I was glad they gave me money back vs replacing them prematurely. From the looks of it i could of gotten 100K out of those tires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back