Pennzoil Ultra 5w30, 6277 miles 2009 Infiniti G37

Status
Not open for further replies.

KLB

Here is my latest UOA for my G37. I'm using WIX oil and air filters. The oil was in the car for almost exactly 3 months. I drive about 60% highway, 30% country roads and 10% city.
UOA%207-15-2010.gif

So much for this being a 4000 mile oil in your vehicle. I'm with Buster, what were the other oils?

Nice FP, TBN is low for a $28 oil but better than some oils we have seen.

What type of use for the vehicle? Time in sump?

Bill

Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah

Bill

Originally Posted By: KLB
Here is my latest UOA for my G37. I'm using WIX oil and air filters. The oil was in the car for almost exactly 3 months. I drive about 60% highway, 30% country roads and 10% city.

LOL I figured they were! 3x higher Fe wear with M1. Stick with PU.

Originally Posted By: Johnny
Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah

Bill

And Mr Bill is having a "moment"...
48.gif
spankme2.gif

Thanks Johnny for the obvious... (that's what I get for scanning the board trying to "catch" it "all")

Bill

The first two were both Mobil1

Surprise! (and like Buster I have the same thought process when I saw them)

The hits keep coming.

Originally Posted By: buster

Break in, big whop. I don't see an issue with either oil. Other then the lab error on the phosphorus in the Ultra everything looks good.

Well, as noted the readings on Phosphorous were indeed wrong. Here is the updated UOA with the correct numbers.
UOA%207-15-2010.jpg

Originally Posted By: TaterandNoodles

Break in, big whop. I don't see an issue with either oil. Other then the lab error on the phosphorus in the Ultra everything looks good.

30k miles is WAY pass break in....

stick with PU

Originally Posted By: garlicbreadman
Originally Posted By: TaterandNoodles

30k miles is WAY pass break in....

stick with PU

Look again 19 and 25K,,that's still breaking in to most on here..

and 23 in 6k for PU? mobil bashers would be all over crying about that number if it was M1
smirk2.gif

Originally Posted By: daman

and 23 in 6k for PU? mobil bashers would be all over crying about that number if it was M1
smirk2.gif

You have to keep in mind that with the higher iron numbers on the previous run that a good portion of the iron in this run is still residual leftover. So the next OCI will almost certainly show iron levels much lower than this one.

Originally Posted By: Patman
Originally Posted By: daman

smirk2.gif

You have to keep in mind that with the higher iron numbers on the previous run that a good portion of the iron in this run is still residual leftover. So the next OCI will almost certainly show iron levels much lower than this one.

Oh....so residual leftover!
lol.gif
33.gif

I just changed my son's G37 Coupe to Penzoil Ultra on it's second oil change, he wanted to run dino oil for an additional 3200 mile oil interval.

Based on these results, I am glad I did it. Will probably leave it in for 7200 miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back