Help!XP/Airport Utility Can't find Airport Express

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, everything's working.

This low tech schmuck (me) figured out what 4 different apple experts couldn't....by trial and error.

The "Cypher Type" on WPA2 security has to be set to "AES" not "TPIK" for the Ipod touch and the Airport express to work. Messing with my windows laptop Vista wireless troubleshooter identified this as something to check when connection problems occur. Tried changing the settings on the router blindly, not knowing what any of it means and we are fully functional!

Thanks for everyone's help and I hope this information helps someone!

Hope this helps someone.

UPDATE:

Ipod touch spontaneously can no longer connect to network, Ipod remote cannot connect with Itunes anymore. Nothing has changed. Just spontaneously stopped working.

Googling these problems discloses major incompatibility problems with windows based computers.

------> You are taking a major gamble if you believe the representation logo "Mac + Windows" on Apple brand wireless devices.

Buyer beware.

Unplug the router/A.P. and power down your I-Phone by pushing the sleep button at the top and holding.

Plug the router back in and wait a couple of minutes and then power up your phone and see if that resolves the issue.

The apple forum is better than tech support.
I have Time Capsule here at home, the Express at my other house, Extreme at work, Netgear at my other office. No issues connecting to networks anywhere.

I love my Time-Capsule!
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back