who makes the best u joints ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
heard a PING! from the driveshaft a week or so a go when i put it in gear and i have now developed a driveline vibration under load between 25-35mph.
reasonably sure its one or more bad joints.
iirc 2 years ago i replaced the joints for a similar vibration.fixed the issue.
imho 2 years/40k mi is too short a life.
the truck is a 89 chevy g20.
grabbed a set of cheap china autozone units to install as this is quickly worsening and i may need to take a 100+ mile trip.
who makes the best replacement joints for these trucks?

spicer, they have Teflon in the end caps which i've heard makes them last longer, i'm not sure about that but i put 120k mi on a set and they are still good, i tow and go off road.

To answer your question literally the best U Joints on the planet are probably from CTM Racing products,they are cost prohibitve for daily drivers..

Spicer,Neapco brute force(made in U.S.A.)from AAP are good.
Precision heavy duty with greasable end caps are also good but stay clear of their basic offerings ditto Neapco standard and anything Chinese.

Originally Posted By: defektes
Just FYI, NAPAs brand of premium Balljoints, U joints, and other suspension components are made by DANA who makes Spicer.

but they may not be made to the same specs or material, if you buy the spicer branded u-joints you know you are getting the high end parts.i've installed both the napa u-joints under the precision brand (part of dana) and i've installed spicer u-joints and the spicers are higher quality. the precision brand u-joint i put on my Cherokee only lasted 2 yrs.

Last edited:
the ones in the truck were "permanently lubricated".we all know what that means.
and yes it was a lubrication failure.all were dry and rusty.
the chinese emergency purchase at least have zerks.
time will tell with these but not expecting much.
btw these were all autozone had in stock.
going to grab a set of spicer to have at the ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back