Post your latest oil change

Originally Posted By: CarNewb
Well im assuming its an oil gauge its right next to the fuel gauge on the right hand side?. You must pardon me as im not to well informed of car components as you can tell by my screen name :)

It's quite alright, it's the coolant temp gauge.
thumbsup2.gif

Did my car:

2009 VW Jetta: Valvoline Synpower 5w-40 and STP filter (Made in Germany!)

My buddy:

2001 Nissan Frontier 2.4L: Castrol Syntech 10w-30 with Napa Gold

Other Buddy:

1994 VW Golf 2.0L: Valvoline Synpower 10w-30 with STP Filter

Originally Posted By: cryption
Did my car:

2009 VW Jetta: Valvoline Synpower 5w-40 and STP filter (Made in Germany!)

My buddy:

2001 Nissan Frontier 2.4L: Castrol Syntech 10w-30 with Napa Gold

Other Buddy:

1994 VW Golf 2.0L: Valvoline Synpower 10w-30 with STP Filter

Yup, Many "STP" oil filters are reboxed Hengst filters.

Changed the oil on the suburban this weekend...

Took out 6 qts of Quaker state high mileage (bought it on accident... meant to pick up maxlife) and an AC Delco PF61 filter. Ran about 2500 miles on this oil as I did 500+ miles pulling a 7x16 enclosed trailer on some windy days (ran at 4K RPMs for a while)

Put in 6 qts of Mobil Clean 5000 10w30 with a purolator classic filter... plan on running it 6K miles unless I do a lot of heavy pulling.

2010 YARIS 3 door : 3 quarts + 22 ounces regular SHELL 5w-30 ($2.12 a qt.) and TOYO (Denso) oil filter ($ 3.50 each) .

Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe
Originally Posted By: CarNewb
Well im assuming its an oil gauge its right next to the fuel gauge on the right hand side?. You must pardon me as im not to well informed of car components as you can tell by my screen name :)

It's quite alright, it's the coolant temp gauge.
thumbsup2.gif

Will changing the coolant make a difference or should i not worry. Also if you dont mind sharing your maintenance regiment of that car through a pm that'd be great.

2003 Ford Taurus

Changed out M1 0W20 at 9 months with 2,758 miles

Put in Motorcraft Semi 5W20 with a motorcraft FL-820S

This was the first time that I've ever had a gasket come off of the filter and get stuck to the block.Caught it though!
55.gif

New QS Ultimate Durability 5w30 with a Napa Gold in the Malibu.

New Mobil 1 Extended Performance 5w30 in the Cobalt.

Acura RDX with Wix Filter and Mobil 1 5W-30. The Mobil 1 got dark pretty quickly...does that mean it's cleaning up after the previous 5 or so runs of Pennzoil Platinum? :0 Oh my! Say it ain't so.

Ok way off topic but with a name like Nyquist, I'd have figured you to be an electrical engineer.

2003 Ford Expedition 4.6L- 65,000 miles

Jiffy Lube-
ConocoPhillips Dino
Mobil 1 Oil Filter (Jiffy lube supplied at no extra cost!)

Last edited:
2006 Santa Fe - Just changed oil with a Hyundai OEM filter and Renewable Lube 5w20.

Drained this same stuff out after using it with an Amsoil EAO filter and will be sending to Terry for Analysis.

Will post here once I get the results!

2004 dodge ram 1500 Hemi. 95K - Drained out the M1/PP 50/50 mix after 6K.
RP was on sale at Pepboys with a RP filter so trying for the 1st time. 5w30

Back