Anyone Remember April Wine....

Status
Not open for further replies.
My sister turned me onto them when I was younger...seems like they never got the attention they deserved.

I agree 100% - April Wine deservs a LOT more credit for being a really killer rock band. The guitar work on most of their music is right up there with the greats.

I've been to see them 3 times, and each show was top-notch! Glad to see a friend 'to the south' interested in them!

I think they have some great songs and great guitar playing. It does seem they are underrated. Weren't they from Canada?

Yep, they are a Canadian band! I saw them live back in 1997, they did a free concert at a drag racing event I attended in Grand Bend. Even though it was free, they still played a full two hour set and it was awesome! I did not realize how many good songs they had until that concert! They play a lot of their songs still on the rock stations up here.

I wonder if that's that the same April Wine? LOL

My favorites are from the First Glance and Harder Faster cd's. Also like the song "Sign of the Gypsy Queen".

Oh, man, I love April Wine.......!!!

Nature of the Beast has to be one of the best albums!

Sign of the Gypsy Queen!
thumbsup2.gif

Roller!
thumbsup2.gif

Take me home, say hello?
Not any better than Guess Who, although I did like listening to them back in tha day.
I know what I'll be trying to get on the web at work tomorrow.

Some of my faves are their 'oddball' stuff:

Say Hello
Drop your Guns
Weeping Widow
Don't Push Me Around

:D

ahhhh yes, have never forgotten them. XM channel "rewind classics" actually plays them a lot in rotation. Who could forget "just between you and me." Pretty standard fare in early 80's with that heavy laded electronic guitar solo.

Yea, actually got a club in Northern Va called Jaxx to book em' back in 2000
Had Jim Clench in the band at the time
Caught Jerry Mercer's drum stick!
Also saw em' way back in 81 opening for Nazareth at the Tower Theatre, Philly. Nature of the Beast tour.

Always loved their sexual word play, "If you see Kay"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back