Sumitomo Touring LST Tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
My neighbor [who generally gets hosed when she goes in for service] went to Tire Kingdom for tires last week for her 2000 Corolla...I finally looked at her tires this morning and I never heard of this brand...She said she paid around 50 bucks per tire...They also said she needed alot of other work so out the door was around 800 bucks...I told her a million times to stay out of that place...She told me she goes to Tire Kingdom cause she likes the way she is treated by the manager.

I've bought Sumitomo tires before and they are decent , low cost tires and for a Corolla they will do just fine.

What other stuff does her car need that costs $800 ?

When my mom or dad needs tires, I do not allow them to go to TK to have the tires I bought from Tire Rack mounted. I personally take their car myself and that way they avoid any sales pitch from TK.

I have Sumitomo HTR T4s on my Cobalt. Decent winter traction, nice wet traction, and they handle pretty well. They seem to do pretty well for a tire...they remind me of Toyos....

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette

What other stuff does her car need that costs $800 ?

All kind of front end work CV Boots,Axle Shaft...Knowing them as I do I am sure they did not do half of it...Her car only has 40K miles on it...Years ago they they told my mom [same place] she had a bad oil leak and wanted 800 bucks to fix it...She was smart and got a second opinion the same day and the second guy said she had no leak and Tire Kingdom sprayed oil underneath the car to make it look like it had a oil leak.

Sumitomos are good. They are part of a larger group of tire mfgs.

If you want to hear about offbrand tires, some place in Oklahoma is selling tires by the brand name Primewell. No idea with these.

Originally Posted By: Reddy45
Sumitomos are good. They are part of a larger group of tire mfgs.

If you want to hear about offbrand tires, some place in Oklahoma is selling tires by the brand name Primewell. No idea with these.

Primewells are ususally sold in Firestone stores...

Made by GT radial ( Chinese Company)

Not a bad tire, but boy do they wear fast....

Sumitomo is a good budget tires but not a good high performance tire. I had Sumitomo UHP tires on my E430 some years ago, it was good ride tire (soft ride and low noise) but not very good in performance and handling departments. I don't mind to have it on my LS400, but I will not put it on my E430 or S2000.

I bought some HTR 200 Sumitomos from Tire Rack and the label says they are made in Japan.

Is that a mistake or are the really made in Japan ?

Sumitomo is a Japanese company so that it is possible that the tires you bought were made in Japan. One thing I know for sure is Chinese tire, such as Nankang or Sunny ..., is not made in Japan.

They are good tires, availability can be plentiful or scarce pending which region you live in.

Wife has them on her Grand AM, probably from 2005/2006 she has about 40k and they still have about 50% tread left but there are cracks forming in the inner trade(deep grooves). Looking to get em replaced soon amongst other things(new shocks/struts).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back