Need to buy Car Wash Soap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you tried the DG car wash? I only ask since you've had good luck with other DG products. I didn't think shampoo was all that important until I got a sample of the DG and was impressed by the results. [/quote]

No I haven't, but I should since I like their polish. [/quote]

There was a free sample packet(1 oz.) put in the box of the 101 I bought at the store. There was also a free sample of their bug and tar remover(2 oz. spray bottle) in there also which I havn't tried out yet.

Originally Posted By: Jimmy9190
I use Turtle Wax Zip Wash. Of all the "adds wax as you wash" soaps, I have found it to work best at giving a long lasting shine from washing my truck. You can usually find a big jug for about $5.00 at Walmart.

Nothing is better than washing first then waxing the car by hand. I really like Meguiar's Gold Class liquid wax. Of all the wax brands I have used, it shines the best and lasts the longest.

Gold class wax never lasted over a month for me. It is great stuff, looks amazing, just doesn't last. I wouldn't use it on beaters.

As for the wash soap, +1 on gold class, just dont use a bucket. Apply it directly to your car and use the wet sponge to move it around. By not using a bucket you need to rinse your applicator regularly while washing.

I've been very happy with the Turtle Wax Ice wash. If I was using something like a foam gun and wanted a cheap soap to shoot through it I would go for something like Kit Wash n Wax.

These days I prefer to wash my car at the coin-op wash. It's much faster and less messy than washing the car by hand with soap and a bucket.

The wash and wax products don't really have much if any wax in them. The trick is that they contain a fragile emulsion of mineral oil/silicone which breaks down as you wash the car. The washing causes the hydrophobic mineral oil/silicone to plate out on the cars surface, which makes the soap rinse easy and leaves some shine. Same deal as "Hot wax" at the car wash.

I have tried all the washes.

The worst stuff is the walmart supertech car wash. It is so thin, you have to use half a jug to get a car wash done properly.

My favorite stuff, is Simple Green Car Wash. It is awesome. Very thick, smells great, and the bottle goes a long way. It cleans the car perfectly.

I got it at walmart two years ago, I bought three bottles of it. I use about 1 bottle per year to wash two cars regularly.

I noticed that walmart is no longer stocking the stuff, but it is worth sourcing from elsewhere.

http://www.simplegreen.com/products_car_wash.php

Originally Posted By: kingy2
i have tried most out there and duragloss wins hands down !

This.

I have used both Megs Gold Class Wash and the DuraGloss #901 car wash concentrate. In my opinion, the DuraGloss is more concentrated and by far "suds up" longer than the Megs Gold Class. When you wash with it you can really feel the quality, It almost feels "silky" to the touch. The Megs Gold Class Wash is good, but in my opinion the DuraGloss #901 is that much better.

After much research here and on other forums, I also started using the DuraGloss #601 Bonding Agent and the #105 Total Performance Polish. The #105 is a sealant, not a wax, but this is what I wanted for my daily driver. I have nothing but good things to say about the DuraGloss products. In my opinion they represent good value for the money.

Cheers

Meguiars Gold Class car wash, nuff said
19.gif

You guys will probably get a good chuckle out of this, but I've tried many different brands and types of car wash solutions and I like Turtle Wax Zip Wax the best. It lathers the best, and it doesn't remove any of the sealants you may have on the paint. In fact if anything, it actually adds to the shine. This is rare for me because there are very few Turtle Wax products I like, but their car wash solution is very good.

Originally Posted By: GasPowered
Originally Posted By: kingy2
i have tried most out there and duragloss wins hands down !

This.

I have used both Megs Gold Class Wash and the DuraGloss #901 car wash concentrate. In my opinion, the DuraGloss is more concentrated and by far "suds up" longer than the Megs Gold Class. When you wash with it you can really feel the quality, It almost feels "silky" to the touch. The Megs Gold Class Wash is good, but in my opinion the DuraGloss #901 is that much better.

After much research here and on other forums, I also started using the DuraGloss #601 Bonding Agent and the #105 Total Performance Polish. The #105 is a sealant, not a wax, but this is what I wanted for my daily driver. I have nothing but good things to say about the DuraGloss products. In my opinion they represent good value for the money.

Cheers

I agree Duragloss products in general are the best available for the price.

I don't like Megs Gold Class at all, the suds disappear quickly. Duragloss 901 is a much much better choice. Zaino's soap is also a favorite, good stuff.

Last edited:
Suds are kind of a poor indication of the lubricity of a car wash. It's better to have a slick soap rather than one with a lot of suds but less slickness.

Originally Posted By: asiancivicmaniac
Suds are kind of a poor indication of the lubricity of a car wash. It's better to have a slick soap rather than one with a lot of suds but less slickness.

Why not use a soap with both? Turtle Wax Zip Wax lathers very well AND is very slick.

Originally Posted By: asiancivicmaniac

I believe the "slick" feeling comes from the amount of surfactants used in the liquid. The Duragloss 901 car wash has these surfactants and is very "slick".

Cheers

Its a synthetic wax. A wax and sealant are meant to protect the finish. A polish by definition is not meant to offer protection. DG is a great product line by the way.

Originally Posted By: RTexasF
Quote:
I'm very happy with Duragloss products. I use their car was concentrate (#901), and their Total Performance Polish (#105). It's a bit deceiving b/c it's called a Polish, but it's not, it's a wax; you can call or email Duragloss to confirm that. I also use their Polish Bonding Agent (#601) with the TPP #105, b/c it's supposed to help the TPP and last longer. The results are excellent, the look is great and the durability lasts. To give you an idea, I used the #601 & #105 combo back in October, and water still beads up solid on my car right now.

Had you actually called them (as I did) you would have learned that it is a sealant, as is Aquawax. Neither one contains ANY wax which the two brothers that own the company will confirm. Blowing smoke up folks shorts does not make you a hero here......nice try but you FAIL!

Quote:
Thanks for the correction RT, I did contact them (though by email) and yes I was mistaken when I used the term "wax". I hope that did not take away from the message I was trying to convey, and I hope it would be obvious that I was not trying to deceive anyone when at three points in my post I suggested either contacting them or researching their products more.

Again, thank you for correcting me so eloquently, you've truly shown yourself to be both a gentleman and a scholar

You are right of course. I was a jacka$$ and for that I apologize......and with a loud HEE HAW at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back