Kreen Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
After running Kreen for more than a thousand miles in a few vehicles I thought I would give an update.

The Toyota with severe varnish issues is now on its second dose (8oz) and is almost perfectly clean, the engine has a increase in power, it no longer downshifts on slight grades.1100 mi, no strange noises, no negatives.

Ford F150 is spotless as it was before, engine startup noises are still there although slightly less than before. Conclusion, mechanical wear and tear. Dose 16oz 1k.

I used 16 oz in a 2002 GMC 6.0 Denali XL that as had a single loud lifter since around 2005.This engine also had a 2x 2 bottle ARX treatment with 2 rinse, the lifter noise did not improve.
Within 2 min of adding Kreen the lifter went silent and has remained that way.

This is amazing! I was going to wait before using Kreen on the 2005 Honda Odyssey but a serious CEL and horrible running conditions forced me to try this sooner.
The VSA light came on and the engine was running so poorly it was for all intents and purposes not drivable. If the engine was turned off and restarted it would run perfectly for a few min then throw the light and begin running terrible.
The code was P2646 VTEC Oil Pressure Switch Circuit Low Voltage.
The fact that it would disappear for a few min and run fine I determined the valve must be sticking.

The valve train looked like a black hole down the oil filler. I decided to add 16oz of Kreen just out of curiosity before removing the valve for closer inspection or replacement.
It ran a few min then threw the code as it was doing previously; I reset the light a few times over a 30 min period. Then to my amazement it started running 100% normal no light no VSA nothing unusual at all. The car drives perfectly; the eco mode comes on and over drive engages at lower speeds than before.

My brother was almost speechless, his only comment was “if I didn’t see it with my own eyes I wouldn’t believe it”, this more or less sums up my feelings.
This car also had a prior 2x 2 bottle 5k ARX clean and rinse.
We changed the oil after 100 mi and added 16oz of Kreen to the new oil,50 mi later its like black thick soup but the valve train is showing signs of clean metal.

When I spoke to Kano Labs the just said “it’s a pretty good motor tonic”. That is a huge understatement if I ever heard one.

Results for Kreen are 100% fantastic! No engine damage from driving with it in the oil as directed. It cleans in a very short time, in hundreds of miles not thousands, sticking components will be freed within minutes. The valve train will be clean or substantially cleaner depending on the amount of sludge or varnish within 1k.
Anyone on the fence about using this or driving with it should give it a try, it works, no if ands, buts or excuses.

I can recommend it without reservation, it has done more that what it claims, it cleans better than anything I have ever used before. It is safe and the results are immediate!
I just ordered a 5 gallon pail at full retail, I get no free product and belong to no kreen forum, I don’t even know the owner. The way this works is compensation enough at full retail.
The only disclaimer is it will not fix mechanical damage, but sludge, varnish, sticking or even stuck parts will be cleaned and free in no time.

Nice report, honest unbiased testimony. Sounds like it is worth trying in a dirty engine. The company has a long history, and Kroil has never let me down, so I have to think Kreen would be a winner too. I bet cleaning up ring packs would be a snap with it as well. Thanks for posting this!

There is very little about Kreen on the net, I tried it because i needed to clear some issues up on a few cars that stem from neglect and over long OCI on cars that see mostly short trips and city driving.
The only reason i tried it is based solely on my experience with Kroil from the same company, their reputation for quality products is beyond reproach.

Kreen is the Kroil of engine cleaners, it is not sold in stores, and to be honest I think its way to dangerous to sell on every store shelf. You really don't want to breathe the fumes from this stuff; misuse could be a serious issue.

This is a commercial product, used the way it should it works very well, using larger amounts than recommended could be bad for the engine ,sniffing it and deliberate over exposure could be bad for the person using it, IMO that’s probably why they sell it the way they do.

Products I have used..
MMO.. Works well in the oil and fuel
BG 109 and 105.. Cleans rings well
Gunk flush.. Minimal working
Sea Foam.. Minimal working
LiquiMoly.. Engine flush minimal working
ProTec (Europe).. Great on rings
ARX.. Minimal or no working at all
Berryman.. No longer recommended for use in oil, it will free a stuck lifter pretty quick.
Rislone.. Close to MMO in the oil, it does clean.

Kreen surpasses all these, some by a very wide margin. The fast flushes and kerosene based products don’t seem to have much effect in the short time they have to work.
MMO seems to give the most benefit when ran for a full OCI, it works. If the engine is in good shape IMO this product is the best bang for the buck to keep it that way.
ARX needs eternity to do anything, after a year or two I gave up when nothing beneficial happened. This was the most expensive and worst performer of the bunch.

When I first tried kreen I used two vehicles that I was willing to sacrifice the engine on .
I was afraid of running something this strong in my engine for long periods of hot summer driving. I used 5w-30 oil avoiding my temptation to use a heavier oil to help nullify any thinning effects. No issues whatsoever, it does have an oily feel to it so I assume it may have some lubricating properties.
The engines I used for my first test were worn and have higher mileage, they show tremendous improvement in cleanliness and drivability.

My initial fears were proven unfounded; it is now running in six vehicles all showing great results in a very short period of time/miles.
The price initially seems high but after seeing the results it appears very reasonable, I feel I got a lot more than what I paid for.

Originally Posted By: Trav
I used 16 oz in a 2002 GMC 6.0 Denali XL that as had a single loud lifter since around 2005.This engine also had a 2x 2 bottle ARX treatment with 2 rinse, the lifter noise did not improve.

I am not SURPRISED.

Quote:
My brother was almost speechless, his only comment was “if I didn’t see it with my own eyes I wouldn’t believe it”, this more or less sums up my feelings.
This car also had a prior 2x 2 bottle 5k ARX clean and rinse.
We changed the oil after 100 mi and added 16oz of Kreen to the new oil,50 mi later its like black thick soup but the valve train is showing signs of clean metal

Looks like Kreen does a better job than auto-rx.

Chemical Name CAS# %
Severely Hydrotreated Petroleum Distillates 64742-52-5 15-25
Aliphatic Petroleum Distillates 64742-95-6/64742-88-7 15-25
Aliphatic Alcohols 78-92-2/123-42-2 15-25
Glycol Ether 111-76-2 5-15
Aliphatic Ketone 78-93-3 5-15
Proprietary Ingredients Proprietary 5-15

Last edited:
Sounds to me if you are looking to do a fast, safe, complete cleaning Kreen is the way to go. I'm not a fan of fast flushes, this sounds like something that fills that void nicely.

Where are you in Mass? You don't plan to use all of the 5 gallon all by yourself, do you? I need very little for my lawn-mower; ARX treatment did NOT make any difference in the running of it.

- Vikas

I am buying this for the shop.I am in Groton,but i have no desire to become a source or distributor for this product.
If you are close by i have no problem giving you enough for a lawnmower. It only needs about 3oz per qt of oil.

Just some info. Where it requires a company name just use the name of the company you work/worked for,apparently they just don't want it on their books that they sell to individuals.
They dont hassle you about the company as long as the space isn't blanko.

Last edited:
Interesting- but no price in the link, gotta commit to buying with a "No-Risk" guarantee just to see it, I guess. Not willing to do that- what does it cost?

I ordered some - thanks!!
thumbsup2.gif

The instructions on the can are 16 oz in the oil and 16oz in the tank,repeat every 1k.
I find 8 oz in a 3qt pan,12 oz in a 4 has the same effect as 16 oz in a 5.It does burn off within 1k so don't substitute half a quart.I plan to add it again at 1k on one of the cars to finish the job(it was terrible).When its done i plan on running PU or 16oz of MMO with dino every OCI to keep it that way.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Let us know how it works for you!

I will for sure as my Saturn is really gunked up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back