Are all these Toyota bashing threads really needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean really, how many of these threads are really necessary? Every time I come in here someone has posted yet another Toyota bashing thread (disguised with a "Toyota recall" title). Most of the people who post in these threads are pro-big 3ers who seem to get some kind of cheap thrill every time there's bad news about Toyota. Don't you think if the big 3 are truely building vehicles that are as good or better than the imports that info's gonna get out there without the constant belittlement of Toyota in an attempt to make the big 3 look better? Maybe it's time for some of you people to grow up.

1. I'm pretty sure they all START as innocent recall threads and then BECOME Toyota bashing threads. At least that's how they've been for a while. I see no reason to accuse the people who start the thread of wanting to bash Toyota, or any company.

2. Aside from the people who honestly believe the import brands are overrated and the Big 3 deserve another shot, there are some fanatics. I can think of at least two members here who have explicitly stated that they will do or say anything to praise the Big Three and attack import brands, regardless of the truth. They think any comment or action is fair and justified because they are fighting for the fate of their country (the irony of which I'm sure is totally lost on them). When one of them weighs in, it tends to polarize the thread pretty quickly.

3. As always, there is no shortage of bandwagoners.

Every automaker gets recalls, and most get posted here. I'm pretty sure they post them because, like me, are sick of hearing "its a toyota it wont break."

And if you want to stop toyota recall threads, to be fair, you have to stop all recall threads.

I like my Fj, I liked my Corolla, and my 84 22r pickup, but they all had/have problems they are not perfect.

I think it's because there was so much expectation with getting a Toyota. Meaning, never in a million years would this happen to a reputal, quality company. PLUS, they tried to cover up a lot of things. THAT'S the biggest gripe.

It is no different than how the import guys and all the car magazines beat up on the Big 3 for years. For years Toyota had a rep as this incredible, best on the road, never breaks down, vehicle and now that has been exposed as myth so their chickens are coming home to roost. These aren't myths and rumors either it has happened so I don't see how people discussing it are being immature and need to grow up? I think the people that need to grow up are the whining and crying Toyota fans who can't take what they dish out.
23.gif

The worst vehicle I ever owned was a new Toyota Tacoma. When I talked about those problems back when I had it, on the various auto forums I visited, I was shouted down and told I had to be lying. How dare I speak ill of the 4 wheeled god from Japan. Now ay a Toyota had that happen. Well, now it is finally being talked about. Others have been screwed over by Toyota and it is now out there. Toyota is no better than any other mfg( and may be worse )and they have a LOT of problems.

I am glad to see it happen actually. Well. not people getting hurt but rather Toyota's false repuation for quality above and beyond everyone else going down the drain. I am also very happy to see it being discussed and not covered up. THAT may be childish on my part but too bad. After what I went through with that piece of crud Tacoma and how poorly I was treated by Toyota I deserve a little chuckle at their expense.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: NHHEMI
It is no different than how the import guys and all the car magazines beat up on the Big 3 for years.

+100000

I haven't seen a good Toyota bashing thread here in weeks- I was just thinking to myself how its died down. Personally I find it hilarious. Don't get me wrong, Toyota makes good vehicles- but its so funny to see the die-hard Toyota faithful backpedal and dance and explain all the recent goof-ups.

Originally Posted By: Popinski
People post them because idiots think Toyotas are bulletproof.

Anyone who is deidicated to ANY make is an idiot. EVERY manufacturer has their good and bad vehicles.

No we certainly don't need them, but from the admin perspective, they create a dilemma. If we lock them or delete them, well, we always did that too early for some, and then there's the drum beat of censorship and so forth. And no matter how abusive one may have become, the "side" in the receiving end of the lock/deletion will almost always see that as favoring the other side. If we just let 'em run, well, then often they descend into a quagmire of -- well -- you know. And so what should we do????

I decided to try a different tack this time, and whoa Nellie, I got a lot more than I expected. . .
wink.gif
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted By: grampi

Anyone who is deidicated to ANY make is an idiot. EVERY manufacturer has their good and bad vehicles.
thumbsup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: ekpolk
No we certainly don't need them, but from the admin perspective, they create a dilemma. If we lock them or delete them, well, we always did that too early for some, and then there's the drum beat of censorship and so forth. And no matter how abusive one may have become, the "side" in the receiving end of the lock/deletion will almost always see that as favoring the other side. If we just let 'em run, well, then often they descend into a quagmire of -- well -- you know. And so what should we do????

I decided to try a different tack this time, and whoa Nellie, I got a lot more than I expected. . .
wink.gif
cheers3.gif

I just don't see how having more than one anti-Toyota thread going at a time is benificial to anyone. If anything, at that point it just becomes site clutter, especially considering how every one of them just turns into a Toyota bash fest anyway, no matter how they begin. If people want to post links to yet another Toyota recall, let them post them in an existing thread.

Last edited:

I just don't see how having more than one anti-Toyota thread going at a time is benificial to anyone. If anything, at that point it just becomes site clutter, especially considering how every one of them just turns into a Toyota bash fest anyway, no matter how they begin. If people want to post links to yet another Toyota recall, let them post them in an existing thread.

It really wasn't my intent to have two of these gems going at the same time. Instructive, I think, that my thread seems to have morphed into that...

Originally Posted By: ekpolk

It really wasn't my intent to have two of these gems going at the same time. Instructive, I think, that my thread seems to have morphed into that...

once again i hop that i didn't offend anyone on the previous thread,to be honest i know all to well what it is like to receive "bashing" about my vehicles being the proud owner on a dodge, jeep, and a volvo!

Last edited:
I mean really, how many of these threads are really necessary? Every time I come in here someone has posted yet another Toyota bashing thread (disguised with a "Toyota recall" title).

They aren't necessary. It's also not necessary to read them.
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted By: semaj281

this.

+6,000

Originally Posted By: XS650
I mean really, how many of these threads are really necessary? Every time I come in here someone has posted yet another Toyota bashing thread (disguised with a "Toyota recall" title).

They aren't necessary. It's also not necessary to read them.
cheers3.gif

These are my feelings. I wouldn't otherwise search out recall threads, so it's nice to have things like that posted here. If things get too OT, I move on to a M1 bashing thread. If I'm lucky I can get a three-fer and find an Obama-bashing thread before it gets locked!

In all seriousness, my first new car was a 2005 Ford Focus ST. I loved the car, but heard a wrath of poop from all of my buddies who owned Hondas and Toyotas. It was a great car, kinda sporty, and extremely comfortable. On the otherhand, I did end up trading the car in due to spurious hard-start issues, phantom CEL's that wouldn't ever stay on long enough for a code to stick, and a few other issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back