BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A KO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I run the geolander A/T's on my Tacoma...great tire, currently have 50k on them, they can easily go another 10k or so.

Treadlife, traction, cornering is all superior.

Just recently installed Goodyear Duratrac tires on my other truck, they are a cross between half a/t, half m/t...they too have excellent traction capabilities.....SO much better then previous Goodyear choices.

I ran a set of BFG K/O's on my dodge diesel; won't EVER buy that tire again. They wore horribly, truck couldn't grip a thing, made driving in the slightest amount of mud very scary, etc.

Others have had wonderful experiences with them, maybe I just had a bad set I don't know....but for what they cost, I won't dare try them again.

I currently have B-stone Revo's on the diesel, fantastic tire for that truck....but they are pricey.

i've owned lots of tires (mostly a/t's) and the bfg a/t is by far the best tire i ever owned, i bought destination a/t's because of price and am regretting it now. buy the bfg.

BFG AT are very popular here in South Africa with the 4x4 guys.

I am considering fitting them, but what I am worried about is a lot of guys here complain about grip in the rain on tar roads?

Originally Posted By: GTO52
BFG AT are very popular here in South Africa with the 4x4 guys.

I am considering fitting them, but what I am worried about is a lot of guys here complain about grip in the rain on tar roads?

i never had any issues with them and i had the worst rain combo possible, i live in oregon (rain capitol of the u.s.) and i had them on an 05 wrangler, never felt anything but confident with them.

IMHO....they're probably fine for the lightweight vehicles, such as jeeps.

I had 2 separate sets on 2 different 3/4 ton trucks and they were terrible in the rain/snow/ice.

We recently moved to the middle of nowhere where there are a lot of dirt, gravel roads that turn to mud, snow-slush in the winter time....no one here is running them. Most are running the new Duratrac's, firestone a/t's, or Hankook's a/t.

The bfg's are a nice looking tire, but that's about as far as I would give them credit for.

Mind you...I've never put them on a lightweight vehicle, they may be superb for a lighter truck....I'm too leary of trying them again however for what they cost.

Originally Posted By: Ramblin Fever
IMHO....they're probably fine for the lightweight vehicles, such as jeeps.

I had 2 separate sets on 2 different 3/4 ton trucks and they were terrible in the rain/snow/ice.

We recently moved to the middle of nowhere where there are a lot of dirt, gravel roads that turn to mud, snow-slush in the winter time....no one here is running them. Most are running the new Duratrac's, firestone a/t's, or Hankook's a/t.

The bfg's are a nice looking tire, but that's about as far as I would give them credit for.

Mind you...I've never put them on a lightweight vehicle, they may be superb for a lighter truck....I'm too leary of trying them again however for what they cost.

I wish I could live in the "middle of nowhere" I only manage to go to "middle of nowhere" places when going on holiday.

My truck is +/- 1700kg(3750lb)

The all terrain is a great tire, but if rolling through mud they load up and cause sliding. under acceleration they are fine.

Originally Posted By: mopar_monkey
you know one tire i really want to try a set of, the goodyear silent armor.
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Goodyear&tireModel=Wrangler+SilentArmor

I will need to replace my tyres by the end of this year.

I have narrowed it down to 3 choices:

Goodyear silent armour(new tyre here but getting good reviews also the cheapest of the three)
BFG AT(One of the most popular 4x4 tyres here in SA but some people have experinced problems in the wet)
Bridgestone Duelers(Also one of the most popular but some guys have experinced repeated punctures)

Now I just have to make up my mind!
54.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: GTO52
Originally Posted By: mopar_monkey
you know one tire i really want to try a set of, the goodyear silent armor.
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Goodyear&tireModel=Wrangler+SilentArmor

I will need to replace my tyres by the end of this year.

I have narrowed it down to 3 choices:

Goodyear silent armour(new tyre here but getting good reviews also the cheapest of the three)
BFG AT(One of the most popular 4x4 tyres here in SA but some people have experinced problems in the wet)
Bridgestone Duelers(Also one of the most popular but some guys have experinced repeated punctures)

Now I just have to make up my mind!
54.gif

the goodyears have the kevlar so i don't think punctures would be an issue, other then that i have no experience with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back