First PU oil change in Honda Fit Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I did the ~60K mile tune up on our 2008 Honda Fit Sport on Saturday. I used my first jug of PU 5w20 in the engine. The PU pours a little thicker than I thought it would and it is a deep amber color which I wasn't expecting.

The engine even starts faster with the PU in it, it is also much smoother to rev and seems a touch quieter than it was on the Honda branded 5w20. I am interested to see how it behaves. I haven't driven it much (It is my Fiancee's car) but I will drive it for our Holiday weekend so I can get a good feel for how it runs.

I am interested to hear how quickly it tuns black- in other words, how much and how quickly it cleans. What was in there before Ultra?

Last edited:
Keep us updated! I have an 09 Fit Sport in the family, and am interested to hear your impressions about Ultra. Current fill on ours is M1 0w-20 with a M1 filter, 23k miles on the car.

Originally Posted By: sciphi
Keep us updated! I have an 09 Fit Sport in the family, and am interested to hear your impressions about Ultra. Current fill on ours is M1 0w-20 with a M1 filter, 23k miles on the car.

Ditto and Ditto! I started off promising myself I was just going to use PYB. But I couldn't resist the siren song of synth once I realized my driving habits make the maint minder hold off till over 12k to call for an oil change. But I just drained M1 0W20 and now have M1 5W20 in her.

I think most honda/toyota dealers use mobil 1. ( cheapest one)..

oil turned black after 5000 highway miles on 2010 toyota matrix, using mobil 1.

Other people have problem with mobil 1 on their acura rdx too..

I think pu is good. I also think castrol is good.

Yeah just kinda happened that way. After a couple of turbo SAABs, I didn't want to worry about oil anymore, lol.

I have driven the Fit in stop and go traffic and on the highway and I can actually feel the difference. The engine really likes the PU quite a bit. I think I may just run PU in it from now on, it only takes 3.8 qts. and it is so easy on the oil that I would be happy putting in there and just waiting for the maintenance minder to tell me when to change it and never worrying.

I am also pretty sure I will be putting 10w30 PU in the S2000 as it is brand spanking new and it will be getting a nice clean synth from the get go.

I like my garage too, S2000 CR is the best car I have owned and my Civic is super nice as an autocrosser. I may be selling it soon and getting something else to autocross or just co drive a bunch of cars to see if I like something else.

Keep us posted for sure. My 09 has been fantastic to drive. And the Odyssey has been a cross-country champ. Bout to make a Florida run next week. The CR-V was our first family-mobile and I just couldn't part with it. Now it's what the nanny uses to ferry the kiddos around. Synth in all 3 at the moment: PP 5W30 in the V, PP 5W20 in the Ody, and aforementioned M1 5W20 in the Fit.

Originally Posted By: MPosey
I have driven the Fit in stop and go traffic and on the highway and I can actually feel the difference. The engine really likes the PU quite a bit. I think I may just run PU in it from now on, it only takes 3.8 qts. and it is so easy on the oil that I would be happy putting in there and just waiting for the maintenance minder to tell me when to change it and never worrying.

Once you adjust the valves, it will run even better. A number of those engines had tight valves from the factory which would cause intermittent small misfires and other issues. My friend's 09 Fit runs a lot better after a valve adjustment and an ECU reflash to the latest calibration.

i cant wait to try this stuff, doesnt seem like a hot seller in my area though.
Photo0199.jpg

if you cant read that, here it is up close
Photo0198.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back