Pennzoil Ultra 5W-40 Euro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Below is the response I got from her. Let's see...

Quote:
Dear Pete,

Thank you for your enquiry.

We are in the process of setting up a web link on www.pennzoil.com specially for our customers who would like to purchase Pennzoil Ultra Euro 5W-40. This product will be shipped to your physical address. You will be able to order and pay for the product on-line, but Pennzoil will pay your shipment costs. This is in appreciation of your valued support and patience while we set this up this temporary solution.

I will contact you by email once this site is up and running.

Have a wonderful week-end.

Kind regards,
Debbie.

I got the same response and forgot to ask if it would apply to Euro 5W-30. Hopefully so. I'll probably go with PU 5W-40 for my next oci.
banana2.gif

-Dennis

If the price is comparable to Mobil 1 0w40 I'm in as well. It should be a perfect match for my Caliber SRT4!

It's a day late and a dollar short for me. I wanted to use the Ultra Euro 5W-40 in my 2010 GTI. I was hyped about this oil and its specs. I'm planning to do 6 month OCI's, and use the same oil throughout my ownership of my car. I just did my first OCI earlier this month.

Well, Pennzoil didn't deliver by dragging their feet bringing this oil to the market, even though it's been on their website for months now. I have Redline 5W-40 in my crankcase now, and I will continue to use Redline until I sell or trade in my GTI.

Yeah, kind of the same for me. I already bought M1 0w-40 instead, and I'm set for the next oil change or two, but I might still give it a try in the future.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Yeah, kind of the same for me. I already bought M1 0w-40 instead, and I'm set for the next oil change or two, but I might still give it a try in the future.

Same here. But I'll buy it anyway. For the first time I'll have an oil stash.

Now that I think about it, I'm not so sure it would be worth the extra $$$ in comparison to Rotella T6 5w40 or Mobil 1 0w40....

Originally Posted By: TurboWagon
I'm mostly wondering if the PU 5W-40 will shear down to a 30W quickly. I really hope not!

I think it will, but what is your point? The starting viscosity of PU 5w-40 is 13.1 cSt. It just needs to shear 4.5% for it to become a 30w oil.

If your car needs a 12.5+ cSt @100c oil, get something THICKER than PU 5w-40. There are 40w oils that are ~15.0 cSt, which might shear more as a percentage vs PU 5w-40, but in the end it will still be 40w if this makes you happier.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Below is the response I got from her. Let's see...

Quote:
Dear Pete,

Thank you for your enquiry.

We are in the process of setting up a web link on www.pennzoil.com specially for our customers who would like to purchase Pennzoil Ultra Euro 5W-40. This product will be shipped to your physical address. You will be able to order and pay for the product on-line, but Pennzoil will pay your shipment costs. This is in appreciation of your valued support and patience while we set this up this temporary solution.

I will contact you by email once this site is up and running.

Have a wonderful week-end.

Kind regards,
Debbie.

Any update on this? i checked the website, but did not see it sold on there. Maybe I am missing it? I'd like to get some for a few vehicles I own that need oil changes in the near future... otherwise I'll have to buy RTS T6.

Nope. Still nothing. She followed up asking me for my shipping address but wouldn't say why she wanted it. I'm guessing she'll be sending some freebies to hold me over...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back