New Subaru Loyalty Badges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: JustinH
Cadillac used to have a gold colored badge that the put in the grill of a "loyal owners" car.

I forget what it was, but I think you got an extra star for every cadillac that you bought.

The old guy across the street from my fathers house proudly told me about it on his 90's caddy.

Seems cheesy, but old men like it.

Cadillac started giving away those emblems again. My dad got one with his new CTS and he installed it on the grill, doesn't look too bad. It was his 5th Cadillac so it has a #5 on it. I declined mine with my CTS.

Last edited:
So where's the "I'm on my 8th set of front wheel bearings" or "I broke second gear drag racing" or "I burned up my center diff showing off my sweet dorifto skillz" or "I <3 [censored] gear synchronizers" or "wut u meen AWD doesnt help mee stop fast in snow?" badges...

stinkingbadges.jpg

"Badges????"

Sorry. Just stating the obvious.

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
Reminds of the Maxi pad commercials...............

I should do a lock-down for that, but instead (perversely admitting that I'm laughing too), I'll just say, "Ewwwwwwwwwwwww". Now, let's all be nice. . .
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: subiedriver
Based my current experience with my '04 Legacy, great car!, my next car will be a Subaru. I'd get a badge for it.

Shouldn't it be a matter of concern for Subaru that ANYONE who is lacking a lap-length white beard has had the opportunity to own a "fourth" Subaru????? I mean, if these cars are so "uber-durable", why would anyone need a fourth example of one?????

Originally Posted By: paulo57509
stinkingbadges.jpg

"Badges????"

Sorry. Just stating the obvious.

If your name didn't start with "paulo...", I'd probably have to act on this one. . .

footnote: for anyone prepared to rage into "I'm offended mode, that was my attempt at "responsive humor". I hope it worked.
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted By: ClarkB
Originally Posted By: dailydriver
But not as elitest (& snooty, uppity, snobbish, 'restricted country-clubbish' etc.) as a certain brand's TV ads, especially the announcer's tone.

You know, the one that claims to be "perfection" (or at least supposedly "pursuing" such).
lol.gif

There is a difference between buying a car that claims to be snooty (and possibly buying it for other reasons) and proclaiming you are snooty with a badge of ownership.

Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl
Originally Posted By: ls1mike

Another reason I won't ever own a Subaru. Lifestyle...
frown.gif
Who cares.

According to Subaru commercials, buying one helps you achieve some sort of moral superiority. I guess this badge is confirmation of how many levels of moral superiority you have achieved...

Amen to that. Between their love commercials and now this I am quite certain that I will never own a Subaru.

Anyone see the South Park (I didn't, just heard about it) where hybrid cars are found to be producing no smog but copious amounts of "smug"? I think Subarus could be lumped into the "smug emitting" group.

Clark

Gee, I thought that group was reserved for only those of us who drive actual gas-electric hybrids????
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: ekpolk
Based my current experience with my '04 Legacy, great car!, my next car will be a Subaru. I'd get a badge for it.

Shouldn't it be a matter of concern for Subaru that ANYONE who is lacking a lap-length white beard has had the opportunity to own a "fourth" Subaru????? I mean, if these cars are so "uber-durable", why would anyone need a fourth example of one?????

Of course, the exact same arguement can be made about your "epitome of perfection, gold standard of reliability" brand (or any other brand for that matter), correct?
wink.gif

I had to take drastic measures to be sure that as a Subaru owner I wasn't associated with their normal demographic. I figured a Nuke National Park license plate would help:

atomic.jpg

I really, really wanted the mushroom cloud version when they first announced this plate. They figured it was too politically incorrect. Wussies.

4295950_BG3.jpg

Yes, I was nuked when I was two years old, lost my aunt to cancer, and my grandfather's horse was named Geiger for the radiation burns it had received.

Ed

Of course, the exact same arguement can be made about your "epitome of perfection, gold standard of reliability" brand (or any other brand for that matter), correct?
wink.gif

Now, now, let's not jump to conclusions. I was assuming (and I admit, it's an assumption), serial ownership. My cars, of the brand we know you're talking about (which I do NOT offer as examples of perfection) are owned in "parallel" (as in I have one, so do the wife and son). I would not claim a "fourth" car badge under those circumstances, but maybe I'm being unreasonably narrow in my interpretation of that. I've got no problem if others see it differently.

Originally Posted By: edhackett
I had to take drastic measures to be sure that as a Subaru owner I wasn't associated with their normal demographic. I figured a Nuke National Park license plate would help:

atomic.jpg

I really, really wanted the mushroom cloud version when they first announced this plate. They figured it was too politically incorrect. Wussies.

4295950_BG3.jpg

Yes, I was nuked when I was two years old, lost my aunt to cancer, and my grandfather's horse was named Geiger for the radiation burns it had received.

Ed

And your name is "Ed" to boot. . . That's just utterly and totally priceless. My radiation-proof hat is off to you, sir!!!
wink.gif
NO Subaru owner on the planet will EVER top that one.
cheers3.gif

got mine in the mail the other day. Now the 24 year old Subaru has a nice shiny new badge. Maybe it'll up the resale value!

Most subies I pass have the "Rainbow" stickers on them, must be the lifestyle choice LOL Dont know why but see more of these sticker on them than any other brand.

Originally Posted By: VNTS
Most subies I pass have the "Rainbow" stickers on them, must be the lifestyle choice LOL Dont know why but see more of these sticker on them than any other brand.

Interesting to see that I'm not the only person who has noticed this! LOL!

I wonder if the big honkin' Mobil 1 sticker on the back of the Expy increases its value? LOL

I actually see waaayyyy more of those stickers on Priuses around here.
I also see them on many Minis and Volks Beetles as well.

wink.gif

Now, now, let's not jump to conclusions. I was assuming (and I admit, it's an assumption), serial ownership. My cars, of the brand we know you're talking about (which I do NOT offer as examples of perfection) are owned in "parallel" (as in I have one, so do the wife and son). I would not claim a "fourth" car badge under those circumstances, but maybe I'm being unreasonably narrow in my interpretation of that. I've got no problem if others see it differently.

I was NOT talking about YOU in particular, but more so your fave car company.
I.E.; if they are sooo 'perfectly reliable, faultless, and infallible" (THEIR claims, not necessarily yours, OK?)then WHY do all of these sheeple have to get a new one every 2-3 years instead of keeping such a "perfect" appliance??
THAT was my point/comment on your comment.
wink.gif

I've actually noticed this too. Not that there is a problem with it, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back