Petro Canada PRECISION Synthetic Grease

Status
Not open for further replies.

OVERKILL

$100 Site Donor 2021
Anybody have any experience with this stuff? Noticed it on their website......

http://lubricants.petro-canada.ca/resour...amp;language=en

Quote:

PRECISION SYNTHETIC
PRECISION Synthetic is developed to lubricate equipment
in arctic environments. It delivers excellent cold weather
protection with no compromise on high temperature performance.
It has an operating range of -45°C to
170°C (-49°F to 338°F). PRECISION Synthetic meets the
NLGI’s stringent standard GC-LB for automotive wheel
bearing (GC) and chassis (LB) lubrication.
Specific applications include:
Centralized systems on heavily loaded mining
machinery such as dragline booms
Wheel bearings on high performance racing cars
Forestry, construction and mining mobile equipment
Conveyors and equipment in refrigerated areas
Pumpjacks
Lubrication of wheel bearings and chassis
components on trucks operating in wide extremes
of temperature, e.g. near Arctic to southern desert

I can hear the crickets in here
grin2.gif

I picked up a case of this stuff today. The local distributor stocks it. I'll post a few pics later for those who are curious. This is replacing my M1 grease.

From the PDS is looks like a very good alternative Motorcraft High Temperature 4x4 Front Axle and Wheel Bearing Grease (XG-11), it looks to be very comparable. The Motorcraft XG-11 is over $20 a tube, even getting the stuff 10% over dealer cost.
shocked2.gif
shocked2.gif

Swtiching to PC oils and grease, huh?
55.gif

Originally Posted By: xxch4osxx
How much is that per case?

$40.00.

LOL!

I can't get over the price of this Petro Canada stuff. Their 0w40 is literally almost half of what I've been paying for Mobil 1, and has the lowest pour point of any oil I've ever seen.

I'm thinking that one of my biggest errs has been ignoring the incredible range of products produced in my own back yard
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: xxch4osxx
Lol, also keep in mind that Petro-Canada is now owned by Sunoco. I wonder if any new products will show up due to Sunoco buying them out?

They are both SUNCOR brands, as is Philips 66.

The Sunoco station in Havelock just became a Petro Canada to celebrate this event, LOL

They weren't "bought", it was a merger:

Originally Posted By: SUNCOR

In March, Suncor and Petro-Canada announce their intention to merge the two companies.

In July, Suncor announced that the Competition Bureau had approved the proposed merger of Suncor and Petro-Canada.

In August, Suncor announced the merger was effective August 1st, creating Canada's largest energy company and the fifth largest North American-based energy company. Suncor Energy is an integrated energy company that combines a leading position in oil sands with complementary operations in refining and marketing, North American natural gas production and conventional oil production internationally and offshore East Coast Canada. The combined new entity operates corporately and trades under the Suncor Energy Inc. name, while maintaining the strong brand presence and customer loyalty of Petro-Canada in refined products.

So, you going to send me a tube of that stuff to try in the frozen tundra of WI.
grin2.gif

I have always been amazed at all the different oils you Canadians use. If I lived in Canada I would be all over the Petro Canada products. They really make some excellent lubricants.

As for as the SUNCOR merger, that was just for the gasoline business ($$$). Petro Canada still R&D's all the lubricants.

I found supplier but they're 250 miles away.. not sure they would bother buying 1 case of the product.. yet to hear back

Has anyone used this P-C grease in a CV-Axle? I just regreased a set and went with Molyslip MPG (at Home Hardware). I wonder if P-C blends it for them?
http://www.molyslip.com/products/greases/multi-purpose-grease/

It's a Bentone based 3% moly grease and so far I'm very impressed.

NGLI Consistency: 2
Base: Bentone
MoS2 Content: 3% minimum
MoS2 Particle Size: 2-5 micron
Graphite Content: none
Drop Point: 288+ C / 550+ F
Working Penetration @ 77 C: 280-300
Closed Flashpoint: 279 C / 535 F

Yes, Petro-Canada Lubricants can be purchased in the United States through PCA (Petro-Canada America) based in Chicago Il.

Precision Synthetic Grease - is a long life, premium performance, all season, extreme pressure lithium complex grease containing a synthetic base oil. This grease delivers outstanding cold weather performance without compromising high temperature lubrication. It meets NLGI Automotive Service Classification GC-LB for wheel bearing and chassis lubrication.

You will not find a better grease for that application.

If you have any other questions on Petro-Canada Lubricants, let me know.

Petro-Canada, Beyond Today’s Standards.
Petro-Canada is a Suncor Energy Business.

Originally Posted By: Ridds
Yes, Petro-Canada Lubricants can be purchased in the United States through PCA (Petro-Canada America) based in Chicago Il.

Precision Synthetic Grease - is a long life, premium performance, all season, extreme pressure lithium complex grease containing a synthetic base oil. This grease delivers outstanding cold weather performance without compromising high temperature lubrication. It meets NLGI Automotive Service Classification GC-LB for wheel bearing and chassis lubrication.

You will not find a better grease for that application.

If you have any other questions on Petro-Canada Lubricants, let me know.

Petro-Canada, Beyond Today’s Standards.
Petro-Canada is a Suncor Energy Business.

I almost get the impression that you work for Petro-Canada
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back