Just FYI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amsoil will increase prices on 7-1-2010 since it is not posted.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: RISUPERCREWMAN
Never used it, now never will!

You don't use any motor at all in your engine? They've all gone up in recent times. Don't buy milk or water, bread or meat? Survive on good wishes?

From earlier this year:
"Monday, March 1, 2010

Rising base oil, additive and packaging costs have prompted a number of lubricant companies; including ExxonMobil, Shell, Chevron, BP/Castrol, ConocoPhillips, Citgo and Petro-Canada; to announce 6-10 percent lubricant price increases.
AMSOIL is diligently working on keeping its raw material costs in-line and has no imminent plans for a price increase. Should a future price increase become necessary, Dealers will be provided with advance notice in the Dealer Zone, Hotwire and Action News."

Last edited:
Quote:
AMSOIL Price Adjustment

The rapidly increasing costs of lubricant base stocks and additives have been well-documented over the past few months. Although virtually all lubricant manufacturers implemented price increases in January and February, AMSOIL held off. More recently, lubricant manufacturers have implemented 6 to 10 percent price increases on finished products effective June and July. AMSOIL makes every effort to maintain the lowest prices possible and has delayed raising prices for as long as possible. Due to the ever-increasing costs of raw materials, however, AMSOIL is forced to implement a 3 to 6 percent price adjustment in the U.S. effective August 1. Due to fluctuations in the exchange rate, Canadian prices will remain unchanged at this time. Even with a minimal price adjustment, AMSOIL synthetic lubricants remain the best and most cost-effective choice on the market, saving customers money through extended drain intervals, reduced wear and maintenance and increased fuel efficiency.

Updated pricing information will be available no later than July 1 and can be accessed in the Product Pricing Interface in your Dealer or Account Zone at www.amsoil.com. If you have not already set up your Dealer/Account Zone account, please do so immediately by submitting your account number and a valid e-mail address through the New Registration link.

Once you have logged into your Dealer/Account Zone, click the Product Pricing Interface link. For pricing effective August 1, select Future Pricing. Pricing files are available in either EXCEL or PDF formats.

Originally Posted By: SrDriver
I wish I could get a raise of 3 to 6%!

Luckily my employer just gave us a 3% pay increase. Sure wish it covered rising health care, rising fuel cost, rising natural gas and electric, rising food costs, etc, etc, etc...

The cool thing about Amsoil, Inc. is that they will lower costs as soon as the raw materials market allows them to, hence current pricing.

Originally Posted By: BillyMarr01
it is only 3 to 6 percent
Yea but just like your property taxes all these "small % add up over time, 3-6% is allot.
mad.gif

every one else has lower prices but Amsoil is raising?

Originally Posted By: daman

Quote:
ExxonMobil, Shell, Chevron, BP/Castrol, ConocoPhillips, Citgo and Petro-Canada; to announce 6-10 percent lubricant price increases.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Originally Posted By: daman

Quote:
ExxonMobil, Shell, Chevron, BP/Castrol, ConocoPhillips, Citgo and Petro-Canada; to announce 6-10 percent lubricant price increases.

When?....

Mobil

Shell

Right agreed,but how could they offer it if there's a increases at corporate? there's gota be a limit even for a giant like Wm.

I just got an email about this also. my preferred account status is up next month. for the $20 yearly fee how much do I need to spend per year to make it worth the yearly fee ? if I were going to renew I would more than likely place an order before the price hike.

Most of the major oils will be having their price increases between July 1-15. The deals at Walmart is to encourage customers to buy their inventory now before the price increases go in to effect.

Originally Posted By: matrass
I just got an email about this also. my preferred account status is up next month. for the $20 yearly fee how much do I need to spend per year to make it worth the yearly fee ? if I were going to renew I would more than likely place an order before the price hike.

The break-even point is around $100 annually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back