2003 Honda Accord 2.4l 4 cylinder engine - Oil Rec

Status
Not open for further replies.
About to do an oil change.. been using Pennzoil platinum.. wanted to mix it up a bit and use a diff type of oil. I've used Mobile 1, but my car just rolled 100k miles, no leaks.

I've got a Pure One filter ready, just trying to decide on the oil. I've read some other mobile oil types can help with the seals (High mileage oils).

Give me some suggestions please?
Thanks in advance!
-B

Read this...

Then give us more info and maybe then the responses will have some merit.

Your engine is VERY easy on any oil. One of the best engines out there IMO.

Bill

If you have no leaks and it is not consuming any oil, you don't need no stinking high mileage oil. My son's Honda Element with basically the same motor just turned 100K on a steady diet of Pennzoil Platinum 5W-20 and his does not consume or leak any oil between oil changes.

You have a nice car with a great engine, don't go crazy and mix it up. Continue with the Platinum.

By the way, it is Mobil 1, not Mobile unless you live in Alabama.

Originally Posted By: bfgun
About to do an oil change.. been using Pennzoil platinum.. wanted to mix it up a bit and use a diff type of oil. I've used Mobile 1, but my car just rolled 100k miles, no leaks.

I've got a Pure One filter ready, just trying to decide on the oil. I've read some other mobile oil types can help with the seals (High mileage oils).

Give me some suggestions please?
Thanks in advance!
-B

That engine is not "high mileage" until it gets past 300K. PP over M1 anyday.

Use any oil at all in your Honda, and it will do just fine.
PP is good stuff.
Use it with confidence.
When your Accord passes 150K or so, we can talk high mileage.
At 100K, it remains a young engine.

Sorry, been awol for a few days -
Oil change is happening today:

Options:
Mobile 1 - 5w30 (summers here in DC get pretty hot)
PP - 5w20
PP - 5w30

Pennzoil ultra - 5w30 or should i go with 5w20

I'd like to just try a diff line of oil for the summer, hence the ultra (if i can find it)

last min suggestions? :D

Thanks!
B

I have the same motor in an 05 Accord- 135K. Been using PP and P1 since 101K-no consumption with 8K oil change intervals. I am sticking with that combo

Steve

Originally Posted By: bfgun
Sorry, been awol for a few days -
Oil change is happening today:

Options:
Mobile 1 - 5w30 (summers here in DC get pretty hot)
PP - 5w20
PP - 5w30

Pennzoil ultra - 5w30 or should i go with 5w20

I'd like to just try a diff line of oil for the summer, hence the ultra (if i can find it)

last min suggestions? :D

Thanks!
B

I'd go with any of the Synpower grades paticularly the 0w20. Mobil 1 5W30? No way Hosea!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back