How good are ACDelco filters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm debating whether or not to switch to AC Delco oil filters for our 2003 Vibe. I've been using either Purolator or Fram Tough Guard (no issues with either). I know a lot of people don't like Fram, at least their basic filters. I like the rubber on the bottom of the TG, it makes it easier to get on and off using just my hands.

Although I'm still in a position where I get free oil changes on our 2010 Nox, when that is up and I start changing the oil myself I'm wondering if I should switch away from the AC Delco filters or keep using them?

Originally Posted By: Johnny248
Why not use the Toyota filters?

The Toyota dealer isn't very close to where I live and I haven't seen them in a normal auto parts store (I did find Toyota brand T-IV ATF in CarQuest last week, though).

I have used probably every air filter or oil filter since 1960, never lost an engine or what ever. Oh,,,how about the oil from 1960 when oil was ancient compared to today's oil, never lost an engine there either, sometimes I wonder if all this engine oil and filters is all hype, but time goes on and 20 years from now there will be another generation of experts giving their opinion of the oil in 2030, it never ends and as one generation dies off the next one rediscovers the same thing and the same conversation starts all over with a new twist...ok,,amen...

This Delco/champ thing has been beat to death - search Champion LABS or champ labs. Me I'm have had the BEST luck and performance with the OEM Denso JAPON (not avalable stateside in toy PN 90915-10003) or a WIX. Purolator was just OK. Fram less so. This is a subjective read on VVTI performance and overall engine performance in a different platform with the 1NZFE, not gauge oil pressure or winter startup noise.

Last edited:
They seem to be OK.
Not my personal favorite, but they should work just fine.
I like them better than the basic Frams.

Originally Posted By: defektes
Used many, never one problem and cut 99% of them open.

Same here, used many, opened up many. Well made filter for a decent price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back