Amsoil Power Foam - Who uses it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ndx

Hey Guys,

Is anyone using Amsoil Power Foam
What procedure do u use ? Sprayed via Air Intake ?

Should oil be changed after ?

Thank You

Last edited:
I have used it to clean throttle bodies before. Amsoil says it's safe for throttle bodies that have the clear plastic coatings.

I try to time the throttle body cleanings with an oil change after if possible. Especially if you are doing long drain oil changes.

I've used it on two of the extended fleet. Noticed the nice fog conditions after use. Couldn't manage any visual inspection to see how it worked. I liked the "expandable foam" like deal as opposed to a thin volatile.

Originally Posted By: rszappa1
If you were cleaning out a TB would you use this or the spray in a can????

I yank the TB off, remove IAC, Tps etc then spray in, let sit. Then wipe off and use some chlorinated brake cleaner to finish.

Throw back on. Can do this in about 15 minutes.

Can also spray down the TB Throat and leave on car but it wont get into the inner passage for the IAC

A little off topic. I like foam action and the way it expands as it goes in. I'm wondering how it would be for removing carbon fouling in a rifle barrel. Anyone try it in a rifle barrel?

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
A little off topic. I like foam action and the way it expands as it goes in. I'm wondering how it would be for removing carbon fouling in a rifle barrel. Anyone try it in a rifle barrel?

I'm interested in that question as well. The star chamber on the M4 rifles is a bugger to clean!

I'm thinking it would work well on carbon fouling. Especially if it soaks a while then gets followed up with a bore brush. I'm sure someone here has tried it.

Originally Posted By: finalyzd
How do you use this stuff? Want to try it on a 1995 honda civic.

DIRECTIONS
Run engine to normal operating temperature and remove air cleaner assembly. While engine is running, spray entire can of foam directly into intake. Turn off engine and allow to sit for 5-10 minutes. Restart engine and drive to blow out deposits.
Quote:
And where can I get it?

Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back