Looking for a fun car under 30K

Status
Not open for further replies.
No RWD? I was going to say stay with something you know since you already have a 6.0. I was thinking GTO/F-body. As you can get HP tuners and use if for the Truck and the car.

FWD? You could find a Grand Prix GXP it has an LS4. If you would like to the stay in the LSX family.

Originally Posted By: LS2JSTS
Used Cayman
Speed3
GTI
Solstice GXP
Cobalt SS
HHR SS

Personally, I'm thick with cars right now...So that Raptor looks very nice.

19.gif

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
good suggestion, also the V8 Impala comes to mind.

I'm a fan of the blown Buicks with the 3.8. Very durable, but not much "fun".

Grand Prix GXP
Impala SS
Lacrosse Super
Pretty much all the same car.

I like my Regal with the S/C 3800, I have a few things done to it and runs 14.20, it has been a very good car.

I got the best car for the OP.

An A4 B8 convertible. It's got all:

- AWD for winter performance;
- nice exterior and interior design for aesthetic pleasure;
- convertible for those nice sunny days;
- German engineering for performance and fun driving.

I'm telling you man.....go test drive a 6 speed manual Mazda MX5 Miata. You'll be very pleasantly surprised. Price is very good on new or used.

You could wait for the chrysler/fiat 500 abarth. No idea how it does in the snow but sure looks fun. Might be too small/cheap for what your after though.
fiat500abarth-07a-thumb.jpg

fiat_500_abarth_2_large1.jpg

I am thinking the VW GTI is the winner. I can't find a SI honda I might have to call around. I also need to go back to BMW for the 1 series with negotiation, I might get it to 30 for a base series.

Originally Posted By: evandostert
I also need to go back to BMW for the 1 series with negotiation, I might get it to 30 for a base series.

I though RWD was out of the question?

I live near the bottom of a hill and everytime it snows we have a collection of late model BMWs parked on our block (they can't make it up the hill). That's more a function of people not used to driving in snow than anything else though. We park our BMW when it snows usually just because the front wheel drive is less trouble. But if you are used to it it is no big deal and they get around fine.

While you're at the BMW dealer take a look at a CPO X3 with leather and heated seats. Good all weather capability, drives very nice and the CPO gets you a loaded car under 30k with warranty coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back