Does anyone use D-A lubricants?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have recently ran a Test on our gravel trains, Chevron Delo 400 15w40(our current oil) vs. D-A Excelon EBS 15w40 so far the the underdog D-A is beating up on Chevron. After our standard 40,000 mile oil change D-A has lower Iron, Copper, and has a TBN of 6.32. The Delo has higher Iron, Copper, and has a TBN of 5.15 The test was ran on the same truck we sampled the chevron before we dumped it, then put in the D-A and locked the oil fill cap, the mechanic had to undo do it to add any make up oil just to make sure it got the right stuff, and like I said after round one D-A has the upper hand. We are trying D-A again for another 40,000 miles we will see what happens. Anyways does anyone else use D-A lube? Anything else we should be looking for in these tests? We have 10 years of Chevron testing to compare it to.

Back in the 60's all the British bike shops in the Dallas area used D-A Speed Sport oils. They were great products. I knew a couple of commercial shops in the Fort Worth area that used D-A engine oils, gear oils, hydraulic oils, and greased and that was back in the 80's, but I have not seen any D-A lubricants in over 20-years. Guess it just depends on where it is distributed.

IMO the main stream oils are great, then they are the super premiun oil companies that make the oils when more is needed.

This thread has been quiet for 3 1/2 years, is the OP still following this?

I would like to know how D-A measured up against Delo 400

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back