Need experts advice???? Mitsubishi Challenger DID

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a new mitsubishi challenger its a 3.2liters turbo diesel engine its a 2010 model and the dealer is selling me castrol syntec blend 15w-40 this oil is a semi synthetic do you guys think this oil is ok for my brand new suv? iam changing the oil at 1000km mark also what will the interval for the next oil change be? 5000km or 10000km mark?
also the car i just daily drive it.
thanks

Last edited:
the owners manual calls for the following weights of oil:

SAE 30
SAE 20W-30
SAE 15W-40
SAE 10W-30
SAE 5W-30

then it says that according to the following classification
ACEA: A1/B1,A3/B3,A3/B4 or A5/B5
Clasification API:
CD or superior.

then on the syntec blend castrol oil it says:

SAE 15W-40
API SERVICE CI-4,CH-4,CF/SL

API CF is superior to CD (which has been superseded). It was introduced around 1994.

API CI-4 is a more recent and much tougher standard for Heavy Trucks introduced in 2002.

This oil will work fine and far exceeds your warranty requirements.

Most any name brand 15W-40 Heavy Duty Engine Oil (Diesel) will meet your requirements.

2010 Challenger with a 3.2 4M41? The Challenger over here now has the 2.5 common rail 4D56,which puts out more power and torque than the 3.2.I work at a Mitsi dealership,and we run them all on Fuchs Ultralube 15/40...never had any problems with them wearing out.

Only big problem we have with the 3.2 is blocking of the intake from EGR.We remove the manifold at round 60 to 75,000km and clean them out.Symptom for blocked intake is check engine lamp set by MAP sensor fault...because it's blocked.We clean MAP sensor pipe every service.Otherwise a good wagon.

I always used a a5/b5 rated oil in my pajero 3.2 ( same engine I believe, at least same oil requirements in the manual ).
As for viscosity, usually 0w30 but sometimes 5w30 ( depends on how easy it is to get. Engine is doing fine this way. lots of top speed autobahn cruising. Keeping its top speed of 180 km/h for 30 minutes is something it sees a few times a month.
It has 330000 km now oil change interval always has been 20000KM
I have to add 1 quart after 12000KM.
The first 80000 KM where on a1/b1 5w30 by the way, after that time a5/b5 only.

I definitely second that, that's one oil you cannot go wrong with. Just follow whatever the recommended interval is (I think 10 or 15,000 km) until the warranty expires, and go with used oil analysis thereafter to see if you can go further.
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back